User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Cruise Control problem fixed by lifting stalk

  1. #1
    Regular Member KevinG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Bucks
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Talking Cruise Control problem fixed by lifting stalk

    Hi
    Been having problems with my cruise control over the past few months, it would only allow me to turn it on once or twice on a journey, then when i turned the ingition on then started again i would get another 2 goes. Well today it turned on then turned off again after about 30 seconds

    Got to work and searched on here and stumbled across a thread which said to slighly lift the stick when turning it on, didnt take a lot of notice who wrote the thread as i thought it cant be that easy. Well on my way home tonight i tried it, it worked , i must have turned it on about 15 times and it stayed on. Wish i had taken a note of the original thread as i cant find it now, if anyone has seen it please let me know so i can thank them.
    So if you are having problems with cc, slightly lift (very slighlty) the stalk and turn it on.
    Hope this helps others.

  2. #2
    Regular Member rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : SRi


    Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

    Year : 2004

    Mileage : 137000

    Default

    Nice one mate, not seen that one before. The most common one is to lift the clutch peddle with your foot ans the spring sags.

  3. #3
    Regular Member gtr1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Carmarthen
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia

    Trim : Sri

    Engine : 140 Ecoflex S/S

    Year : 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    Hi
    Been having problems with my cruise control over the past few months, it would only allow me to turn it on once or twice on a journey, then when i turned the ingition on then started again i would get another 2 goes. Well today it turned on then turned off again after about 30 seconds

    Got to work and searched on here and stumbled across a thread which said to slighly lift the stick when turning it on, didnt take a lot of notice who wrote the thread as i thought it cant be that easy. Well on my way home tonight i tried it, it worked , i must have turned it on about 15 times and it stayed on. Wish i had taken a note of the original thread as i cant find it now, if anyone has seen it please let me know so i can thank them.
    So if you are having problems with cc, slightly lift (very slighlty) the stalk and turn it on.
    Hope this helps others.
    Your problem is ongoing with my 3.2V6 auto. Does lifting the stalk slightly activate the indicators though?

  4. #4
    Regular Member KevinG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Bucks
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Rushy, mines auto mate,
    gtr1000, no you dont need to lift it that much, really its so light you cant beleive it works, same here v6 3.2 auto

    give it a go

  5. #5
    Regular Member formby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    paisley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Yes I've finally managed to help someone else after all the help and advice I have been given on this site
    the original thread is below


    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80951

    I found this out by coincidence, and it is still working fine, but do you have the same problem I have with the right turn indicator having a mind of its own at times and switching off just as you go to turn right?

  6. #6
    Regular Member Dan_BlackSRi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra SRi

    Trim : XP NAV

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

    Year : 2007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by formby View Post
    ... do you have the same problem I have with the right turn indicator having a mind of its own at times and switching off just as you go to turn right?
    Mine does that too, there is one mini roundabout that I use every morning and without fail I'll be indicating approaching it, but just as I go to turn the indicator turns off - there is absolutley no turning the left either, not even slightly.

    Very odd, I just press it again half way round

  7. #7
    Regular Member KevinG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Bucks
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by formby View Post
    Yes I've finally managed to help someone else after all the help and advice I have been given on this site
    the original thread is below


    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80951

    I found this out by coincidence, and it is still working fine, but do you have the same problem I have with the right turn indicator having a mind of its own at times and switching off just as you go to turn right?

    Thanks Formby,

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cruise control stalk
    By chrisvectra in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 16th November 2013, 01:15
  2. cruise control fault, new stalk fix problem?
    By taffy bhoy in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 21st July 2013, 11:16
  3. Cruise Control Stalk
    By spennny in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27th April 2011, 12:51
  4. cruise control stalk
    By n8sby in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th May 2010, 11:48
  5. cruise control stalk
    By al21784 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd August 2008, 16:14

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •