0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A problem can anyone advice

Hi All after some thoughts from you guys.
    when I select reverse the gear crunches even with the clutch pressed to the floor.
    Then you sometimes get a judder going backwards ,and while moving back slow there is a terrible rattling noise coming from down near the passengers wheel but all forward gears can be selected without a problem.
    It's booked into the stealers tomorrow just hope it will be covered under warranty as i have just renewed it.
    the car is a 2006 55 1.8 sri and only done 34000miles

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DMF is a common ploblem on the VVT mate, and VX know it. Although on a 2006 car I would have thought that would be a consumable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but also try putting it into first before reverse without lifting the clutch inbetween.
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Result from vaux may need a new clutch £689 but we would need to take the gearbox out to investigate £174 so my reply was so it might not be the clutch then and there reply was well our mechanic thinks it is from his experience
    Not convinced of this I took the car for a free clutch check at Mr Clutch telling them that when selecting reverse this gear crunches sometimes but not all the time,Off there mechanic goes and comes back to tell me there is nothing wrong with the clutch
    So were vaux trying to rip me off as they were shocked when they asked me If they want me to do the work now and I told them NO
    There reply was well we will have to bring the car out then too right at that price.
    Also they said the mechanic had noticed that the f/offside spring is cracked £238 to replace do I want that doing NO

And of course neither of these are covered by my extended Network Q warranty
    I then phoned vaux customer service up about the spring telling them that a 3 1/2 year old car with 34000miles on the clock and a spring breaking is not acceptable.
    They have now given me a case number and will get in contact with the dealer to see if they can do anything for me once they get the relevant information from them,I wont be holding my breath that's even if the spring is cracked.I need to get a second opinion I think.
    Is there anyone on here that will fit springs and how much because at that price I can get four uprated springs cheaper than one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

National did mine for £120 per corner with fitting and tracking etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kns View Post
    Result from vaux may need a new clutch £689 but we would need to take the gearbox out to investigate £174 so my reply was so it might not be the clutch then and there reply was well our mechanic thinks it is from his experience
    Not convinced of this I took the car for a free clutch check at Mr Clutch telling them that when selecting reverse this gear crunches sometimes but not all the time,Off there mechanic goes and comes back to tell me there is nothing wrong with the clutch
    So were vaux trying to rip me off as they were shocked when they asked me If they want me to do the work now and I told them NO
    There reply was well we will have to bring the car out then too right at that price.
    Also they said the mechanic had noticed that the f/offside spring is cracked £238 to replace do I want that doing NO

And of course neither of these are covered by my extended Network Q warranty
    I then phoned vaux customer service up about the spring telling them that a 3 1/2 year old car with 34000miles on the clock and a spring breaking is not acceptable.
    They have now given me a case number and will get in contact with the dealer to see if they can do anything for me once they get the relevant information from them,I wont be holding my breath that's even if the spring is cracked.I need to get a second opinion I think.
    Is there anyone on here that will fit springs and how much because at that price I can get four uprated springs cheaper than one

Thread Information