Thread: 2.2i direct injection fuel pressure regulator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 2.2i direct injection fuel pressure regulator

Riverside Vx dealer in Bedford have yesterday fitted the 3rd pressure regulator following the appearance of the spanner light. - All under the original 3 year warranty but as that runs out in December this year I made contact with Vx customer services for assurance that until such time as they sort this out they would continue with foc replacements.

I received a reply today ( within 24 hours ) from "vauxhall.customerassistance@gm.com" telling me that a modified pressure regulator has been fitted and all production and service was now receiving this modified part.

Here's hoping this is an end to this saga - time will tell

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by alanatrr View Post
    Riverside Vx dealer in Bedford have yesterday fitted the 3rd pressure regulator following the appearance of the spanner light. - All under the original 3 year warranty but as that runs out in December this year I made contact with Vx customer services for assurance that until such time as they sort this out they would continue with foc replacements.

I received a reply today ( within 24 hours ) from "vauxhall.customerassistance@gm.com" telling me that a modified pressure regulator has been fitted and all production and service was now receiving this modified part.

Here's hoping this is an end to this saga - time will tell
    Interesting comments but did they say anything about foc replacements or any guaranty ...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

so if they are saying the part has been modified then they know there was a problem with it in the first place and therefore should have been a recall!!!! as is with the high pressure fuel pump aswell!!!
    we should campaign for this recall then us 2.2direct drivers woudn't have to worry everytime we go out in the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I contacted Vx customer services 19th Jan 09 after the BBC Watchdog programme and I received an e-mail response admitting to a problem with the pressure regulator, their actual words were
    "Vauxhaull motors is currently investigating the cause of the failure of the fuel pressure regulator. Based upon it's findings, a suitable solution will be developed and the general public will be informed accordingly"

Needless to say I was not contacted and first I knew about a "solution" was when I received the e-mail that starts off this thread.

I am taking at face value their statement that this component has been improved but remain suspicious in the absence of "the general public being informed"

brg
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

p.s. to Tadpole
    Vx confirmed the warranty on the regulator expires in December when the car is 3 years old.

On the basis of the e-mail correspondence from them admitting to a fault I feel I would have good grounds for an extension to this guarantee if the "improved" part fails

bg

Alan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by alanatrr View Post
    p.s. to Tadpole
    Vx confirmed the warranty on the regulator expires in December when the car is 3 years old.

On the basis of the e-mail correspondence from them admitting to a fault I feel I would have good grounds for an extension to this guarantee if the "improved" part fails

bg

Alan
    That's the point I was thinking, a new component should have a guarantee & not just 90 days or what ever ...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs down

I had what was claimed to be one of the modified FPRs fitted to my Signum in late March 2009.

Last night my car failed again after 9 minutes or so in a queue.

This is my 5th regulator problem since May 2008, and my 6th or 7th overall since my original fuel system problems began in September 2005 with a failed fuel pump.

All done under warranty as the original claims were before it ran out.

But still incredibly frustrating that the modified part hasn't killed the problem stone dead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

is there any indication as to what years of manufacture the fault occurs or is it all 2.2 directs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Joined the the club today. Car now at dealer waiting for FPR to arrive on back order. This is number two first under warranty but now out so big bill awaits. Any body had sucess in getting vx to pay?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Prior to purchasing my car in October last year a new pump & regulator were fitted under waranty & to date had no problems. I have in this time covered approximately 3 k hth ..........

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information