Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default NetworkQ

Hi all

Apologies to anyone who uses the news groups as well and has seen this post there.

I have just purchased a 05 Vectra from a Vauxhall dealer and I am ashamed to say I only ever saw the car in the rain even when I picked it up. Anyway on washing it I realised I need some bodywork doing and have therefore fallen out with the supplying retailer. I know I have 2 and a bit years of Vauxhall warranty left and I can take it to any dealership but what about the Network Q cover, I extended this to unlimited mileage up to the point where the car is 3 years old but I NEVER want to go back to supplying dealer......

Any one had a similar experiance?

A

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What and why have you fallen out with the supplying dealership Andy ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

A sad tale about may VX dealers.. I've had to shop around quite a bit to find one that's half decent.. Network Q's garuantee is okay, but far from comprehensive..the dealers still try to wriggle.. I've extended mine as they only wanted £60 to take the car into year 3.. it's still a battle when you want to claim, but it does top up a fairly useless warranty..What VX cover as standard does decrease rapidly in years two and three.. All I would do is try to find a better dealer and stick with them..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

caprimanuk

I fell out with them over the bodywork, I returned the next day after collecting the car and showed them the damage. They said I had caused it.

I know it's my fault for not checking the car in the dry when it was clean. A hard lesson learnt!!

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Gsi, when you say find a better dealer, do you mean buy another car or do you think another dealer will do any networkq work should the need arise?

I think I will write to Retail Guarentees Ltd who administer NetworkQ and see what they will put in writing for me.....
    Last edited by bandrew; 1st May 2006 at 14:58. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Oh dear sorry to hear that Andy . Maybe you could talk to the dealership and make an offer of paying something towards the repair ?

Just a thought fella .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

To be honest I am glad to see the back of them, I got the car at a good price and don't mind paying for the body work myself. What I don't want to do is EVER let there people work on my car again.......

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by caprimanuk
    Oh dear sorry to hear that Andy . Maybe you could talk to the dealership and make an offer of paying something towards the repair ?

Just a thought fella .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bandrew
    Gsi, when you say find a better dealer, do you mean buy another car or do you think another dealer will do any networkq work should the need arise?

I think I will write to Retail Guarentees Ltd who administer NetworkQ and see what they will put in writing for me.....

Not nessecarily chuck the current car back.. more find a dealer who actually gives a da#m about you, the customer.. as capriman said if you offer to go 1/2s they may be more helpful.. It's just too easy for them to say 'it didn't leave like that sir'.. Try the customer services hotline and see if they can help, i doubt it but it might work..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you have the car in finance through say GMAC , get them involved . I did this a few years ago when I had a problem with an Astra Sport I bought from local main dealer .

Few phone calls and the car was sorted FREE of charge .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have been down the 1/2s route but no joy, am I allowed to name the dealership on here? I don't want anyone else having the same problem.

I actually spent a whole day in the garage arguing with them, no joy then they called the police as I was standing at the entrance telling people about my experiance. I think it has gone beyond bad now. I will have the bodywork sorted and get rid once I approach 60k. I am in the lucky position where I run the car from a car allowance instead of having a company car so 60k will be reached within a year....I just feel sorry for anyone buying a car they really have to keep for 2-3 years been put in this situation.

A

Quote Originally Posted by Gsi3.2
    Not nessecarily chuck the current car back.. more find a dealer who actually gives a da#m about you, the customer.. as capriman said if you offer to go 1/2s they may be more helpful.. It's just too easy for them to say 'it didn't leave like that sir'.. Try the customer services hotline and see if they can help, i doubt it but it might work..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information