User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Few questions before warranty runs out!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Few questions before warranty runs out!!

My Warranty runs out in June, so need to book it in asap and get all the little niggles sorted. Had the car just over 2 months and noticed these things, so need to know if i can get them sorted or if its the norm etc:

1. Aircon stinks of sweaty socks / blue cheese.. not pleasant lol

2. Brakes scrub like an old car that hasnt been run for ages. Seems to be the rear's. Really bad when reversing, like the pads are all dry and rotten, but does it when slowing down forwards too.. Pads have a like 6mm left on them!

3. Get one knock now and then in the steering when driving from cold. Like a prang, possibly from the passenger side. Doesnt do it all the time, just on the odd occasion

4. Handbrake is crap!! And sometimes when i go to pull it up it feels like its stuck then jolts free and goes up a little further than normal (then not so far the next time) last owner said the mod was done to sort the dodgy handbrake.

5. I have a 2.8 V6 turbo and sometimes feels a slight judder when under harsh acceleration. Not major, but enough to feel its slightly off the normal smoothness.

6. And finally everytime i drive from cold (after leaving the car over night) it feels like theres a bumpy drive. I had the same issue with my ford cougar, and both are fitted with low profiles. Is it normal for them to get a flat spot on them when left over night which goes away when they warm?

Any help would be appreciated. Living in Germany is hard enough when it comes to explaining to the dealers, without the lack of knowledge of knowing if these things are definately 'problems' that need rectifying...

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by luke4487 View Post
    My Warranty runs out in June, so need to book it in asap and get all the little niggles sorted. Had the car just over 2 months and noticed these things, so need to know if i can get them sorted or if its the norm etc:

1. Aircon stinks of sweaty socks / blue cheese.. not pleasant lol

aircon debug required - not warranty =servicable item = wear and tear

2. Brakes scrub like an old car that hasnt been run for ages. Seems to be the rear's. Really bad when reversing, like the pads are all dry and rotten, but does it when slowing down forwards too.. Pads have a like 6mm left on them!
    inner surface on discs scabbed -

wear and tear issue =not warranty

3. Get one knock now and then in the steering when driving from cold. Like a prang, possibly from the passenger side. Doesnt do it all the time, just on the odd occasion

spring movement on top mount unless theres a techfile or service repair bulliten on your chasis no - you guessed it ....wear and tear

4. Handbrake is crap!! And sometimes when i go to pull it up it feels like its stuck then jolts free and goes up a little further than normal (then not so far the next time) last owner said the mod was done to sort the dodgy handbrake.

check - with vx ...has it been done ? if so, yup wear and tear
    5. I have a 2.8 V6 turbo and sometimes feels a slight judder when under harsh acceleration. Not major, but enough to feel its slightly off the normal smoothness.

diagnosis required PRIOR to warranty expiry

6. And finally everytime i drive from cold (after leaving the car over night) it feels like theres a bumpy drive. I had the same issue with my ford cougar, and both are fitted with low profiles. Is it normal for them to get a flat spot on them when left over night which goes away when they warm?

could be tyres - has been known

Any help would be appreciated. Living in Germany is hard enough when it comes to explaining to the dealers, without the lack of knowledge of knowing if these things are definately 'problems' that need rectifying...

Cheers

as above hope it helps

by the way i am a regional warranty administrator for the following franchises

landrover
    jaguar
    ford
    peugeot
    citroen
    nissan

and i own a vauxhall

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

1) Aircon system needs serviced/cleaned out you can buy an aerosol to do this yourself. NOT WARRANTY it comes with age.

2) Could be the pads or discs uneven or pitted etc. NOT WARRANTY as its wear and tear.

3) Could be worn bushes or broken spring. Again comes with age NOT WARRANTY but i would get it check out as it could be a few things.

4) Again could be seizing slightly and comes with age. NOT WARRANTY.

5) Hmmm i dont know about this one.

6) As number 3 above.

Hope this helps the others should be able to help give further advice.

EDITED: You beat me to it deztroyer but i see we both think pretty much the same lol.
    Last edited by byebyeitsagsi; 13th May 2009 at 21:10. Reason: Deztroyer got in before me lol!

Thread Information