User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: 3.0 cdti can you get more power from it??

  1. #1
    Regular Member m3ath3ad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Minehead
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default 3.0 cdti can you get more power from it??

    as above ppl i have got the 3.0 lump in my car its an 05 pre-face lift. ive had a look and some of the threads about tuning and some say it works and some of you say its not a good idea and its best to leave the motor alone.

    im just wondering if i can do anything to it that works and dosent bring any ecu lights up and have to replace anything.

    just be nice to get abit more grunt out of it....... if possible

    if anyone could give me any ideas would be a great help

    ryan

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Belfast
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    It is generally considered to be a very bad idea to tune that engine, it doesn't last when tuned.

  3. #3
    Regular Member steve0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I have been wondering the same thing thing mate. More than happy when turbo kicks in just would like to eliminate the flat spots.

    Thought i would start with a nice simple air induction kit, cant even get hold of one of them, seems like they are available for every other engine bar the 3.0 diesel.

  4. #4
    Regular Member m3ath3ad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Minehead
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve0 View Post
    I have been wondering the same thing thing mate. More than happy when turbo kicks in just would like to eliminate the flat spots.

    Thought i would start with a nice simple air induction kit, cant even get hold of one of them, seems like they are available for every other engine bar the 3.0 diesel.
    i got a k&n panel filter have noticed abit of difference. the same im happy when it kicks in just the flats before the turbo

  5. #5
    Regular Member m8internet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cumbernauld, Scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    There are two problems with upgrading
    The main one is that the transmission is already at the upper limit
    I've managed to test this by taking the revs to the power limit and slipping the clutch, which results in the engine just spinning away
    Not very nice when you are doing 50mph plus!

  6. #6
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    EVERYWHERE
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Have you done the airbox mod ? (rip out trumpet in bottom of airbox) and has it had the latest software upgrade from the stealers which is designed to cure your problem ? Mine pulls from 30mph in sixth up fairly steep inclines with no fuss.Don't do it all the time though.

    As for tuning.Well parts for this engine are extremely expensive,so unless you have a watertight warranty I wouldn't bother.Plus gearbox,clutch and probably a whole host of other bits and pieces are already working hard enough as it is.
    Last edited by diesel dog; 3rd May 2009 at 14:53.

  7. #7
    Regular Member m8internet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cumbernauld, Scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diesel dog View Post
    Mine pulls from 30mph in sixth up fairly steep inclines with no fuss.Don't do it all the time though
    Yes a strange experience, although the acceleration doesn't kick in until you get to about 2000rpm / 50mph
    When you do this, accelerating from low revs without changing gear, do you get a BANG/LAUNCH when the turbo kicks in?

  8. #8
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    EVERYWHERE
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    Yes a strange experience, although the acceleration doesn't kick in until you get to about 2000rpm / 50mph
    When you do this, accelerating from low revs without changing gear, do you get a BANG/LAUNCH when the turbo kicks in?
    We shouldn't confuse turbo lag with plain and simple driving in too high a gear at too low revs.

  9. #9
    Regular Member m8internet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cumbernauld, Scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I get this quite often when I start off in second gear, change up to 4th gear, the revs raise, then at 2000rpm there is an almighty BANG/LAUNCH

  10. #10
    Regular Member m3ath3ad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Minehead
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diesel dog View Post
    Have you done the airbox mod ? (rip out trumpet in bottom of airbox) and has it had the latest software upgrade from the stealers which is designed to cure your problem ? Mine pulls from 30mph in sixth up fairly steep inclines with no fuss.Don't do it all the time though.

    As for tuning.Well parts for this engine are extremely expensive,so unless you have a watertight warranty I wouldn't bother.Plus gearbox,clutch and probably a whole host of other bits and pieces are already working hard enough as it is.
    is the software upgrade free or do i have to pay? what do i have to do in the air box mod? anypics?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. No power from 1.9 cdti 150
    By garetmcc79 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 1st April 2012, 08:04
  2. 1.9 cdti 150 no power
    By baz_cdti_sri_150 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 3rd October 2010, 15:00
  3. little power 150 cdti
    By smokydiesel in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 26th May 2010, 19:13
  4. 150 cdti with no power
    By pauly in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 7th January 2009, 00:23
  5. 150 Cdti down on power??
    By shrekster in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th December 2008, 00:19

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •