Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Severn Crossing (England/Wales)

Hi all,

Any one use the bridges for commuting, etc?

Have been for the last 2 months and am getting stressed having to have the money to hand each time I want to cross and watching TAG users simply cruise through ?

Any one use TAG, Got any info about it, etc - The TAG website is pants !

Oh and dont get me strarted on the price to cross, its daylight robbery !
    If I had my way, id arrest them all for theft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to topic, thanks !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You only pay to get into Wales which says it all.......

But it is a disgrace that its not cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

lol Thanks !!! Thats because they want to keep them out by charging them to get in !!!

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

General TAG info

Tag toll prices (scroll down).

Jeez, robbing sods - how much?!!, and you don't pay a penny less for having a TAG!! At least the Dart-TAG does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SRi Nav

Engine : CDTI160

Year : 2012

I thought the website was alright http://www.severnbridge.co.uk/tag_information.shtml ^ oops, beat me to the link above.
    You attach the TAG to your windscreen, and it gets scanned when you get near the toll gate. You have to keep the account in credit.

Severn TAG Prices Category 1: -
    Season TAG Trip
    TAG Monthly £95.04
    Quarterly £285.12
    Cost per Crossing Vehicle £5.40

So, lets say you use the crossing every day (5 days a week), that'd cost you £108 a month by paying each time £5.40 at the gate. Or quarterly, you pay £324 doing the same.
    Obviously, this system is only of benefit to somebody who uses the crossing daily, pretty much.

Also, that green priority lane for TAG users might be a godsend at certain times of the day.
    Last edited by Hideous; 1st May 2009 at 17:48.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ah yeah, just seen the two different options/schemes for the TAG - just to make it easier for everyone! lol

So you can either be on the Trip TAG and pay the same £5.40 per crossing as you would if paying cash - or you can go with the Season TAG for monthly or quarterly.

Sooo, with a quick bit of maths - at £95.04 for a month you'd need to make 18 or more crossings a month to save anything with a TAG. At £285.12 quarterly you'd need to make 53 or more crossings in those 90(ish) days to save anything.

It's still a huuge swizz though. If you're not making enough crossings to make a Season TAG a definite advantage then you're still paying the same rate as you would with cash. If you're on the borderline of the season TAG being worthwhile, all it takes is a few less crossings in that period and you've paid out more than if you'd simply paid cash!!

At least with the Dart-TAG it's straight forward. You load up your account with however much money you wish, you get a discounted tariff with a TAG (£1.00 instead of £1.50 now) and there's no expiry/time limit on the credit on your account.

Robin Hood could've learnt a thing or two from the Severn Crossing people! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SRi Nav

Engine : CDTI160

Year : 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Ah yeah, just seen the two different options/schemes for the TAG - just to make it easier for everyone! lol

So you can either be on the Trip TAG and pay the same £5.40 per crossing as you would if paying cash - or you can go with the Season TAG for monthly or quarterly.

Sooo, with a quick bit of maths - at £95.04 for a month you'd need to make 18 or more crossings a month to save anything with a TAG. At £285.12 quarterly you'd need to make 53 or more crossings in those 90(ish) days to save anything.

It's still a huuge swizz though. If you're not making enough crossings to make a Season TAG a definite advantage then you're still paying the same rate as you would with cash. If you're on the borderline of the season TAG being worthwhile, all it takes is a few less crossings in that period and you've paid out more than if you'd simply paid cash!!
    Aye, and you also have to pay 30 quid up front (refundable) for the privilege of having the TAG on your screen, apparently.
    I can see that it'd be alright for daily commuters, for the convenience more than anything else.
    Not a big money saver for anyone but big fleets going back and forth daily, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Aye, and you also have to pay 30 quid up front (refundable) for the privilege of having the TAG on your screen, apparently.
    Jeez, the Dart one is free!
    I can see that it'd be alright for daily commuters, for the convenience more than anything else.
    Yep, that's why I first got my Dart-TAG, more for the convenience as I would only be using the crossing every couple of weeks or so. Even when I then wasn't using it so often I still kept the tag for the convenience as the savings weren't massive at the time (cash price was £1, TAG was 93p) but now that they've hiked up the cash price it's definitely worth keeping as the cash price is £1.50 and TAG is £1.
    Not a big money saver for anyone but big fleets going back and forth daily, though.
    Yep, definitely worth it for them.

Thread Information