Thread: Dealer To Avoid

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Dealer To Avoid

Got my pristine, 1.9 cdti sri, and 3 weeks ago needed a service, 20k 07 plate.
    So thought my local vx dealer Greenhous Hanley Stoke on Trent would be the best place for her.

Took it in, and got a bill for around £240 for what I can see an oil change and brake fluid change.

I swallosed that to get a stamp in my book, the service guys ring me to tell me I need back brake discs and pads, Bearing in mind the car had covered 20k I thought it was early for discs. They wanted £140.00 fitted, So I decided to leave them and have a look,It was the old(while its here do you want routine)

Changed the pads myself and spot on, no lip on discs and new pads cleaned the few grooves up a treat and now look like new ones, so saved a packet.

NOW THE BEST BIT...

2 weeks later I loose water on the way to work, so I ring dealer and they advise getting it recovered to check it out there.

So greenflag it was, and after scuffing my front xp pack trying to get it on the lorry it went off to dealer last weds am.

I ring and ring asking if they have found the problem only to be told they have not looked yet.

Until today Tuesday PM almost a week later.

To be told it's the bottom hose thats rubbed against the pulley and worn through, I say is it covered under warranty??

He says "NO because the car has had a bump at the front before and broken a bracket on the rad so it moved back and thats how the pipe has been worn.

I say ok so what is covered??

Nothing, you need a new radiator + housing+ bottom hose+ a few other mounting parts.

I say, it was in 3 weeks ago for a full service and no one said anything about it to me then.
    I assume you do a visual inspection for my £240 for oil and brake fluid?? and also assume if it's that loose you would spot it and inform me at least and the visual inspection on the coolant hoses would have seen the hole??

He then replies " It was serviced and if it wasnt leaking it would not have been seen. Your car has been crashed before there is damage on the undertray and its full of filler..!!!

I wasn't happy with his reply and asked at my expense can they fit the hose so I can drive it away to get it sorted, He says no unless I have all the parts inc rad and brackest etc so they can warranty it.

I wasn't happy them not visually checking the car on a full service at a main dealer and told him this.

His reply to me was "IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT WE HAVE DONE TO YOUR CAR, I WOULD RATHER YOU DINT BRING IT HERE AGAIN"

I was gobsmacked.

Needless to say I picked the car up myself, and me and a mate got the £6.10 hose and headed back to my workshop.

We stripped the front off the car, and found no damage to mention, there was a small plastic locating pin missing from drivers side bottom rad and the bottom hose was a right **** to get off and on, but we did it.

The car has obviously had a front bumper on it but very light damage as all the major crumple zones were original and in tact.

took us 2 hours to strip it off remove hose and re assemble the car, cable tied the rad bracket until i get a new pin or mount, but works and is solid.

Good as new.

Vauxhall have been contacted by myself about this matter and i am awaiting a response from the dealer.

Customer service from the workshop manager was shocking....

How many times do they upsell to public and how much does'nt need doing.

Named and shamed........

Ask for Alan in service

Greenhous Hanley
    Clough Street
    Hanley
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Staffordshire
    ST1 4AS

Telephone:
    01782 202200

Fax:
    01782 286742

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia sport tourer 2.0 CDTi

Trim : /Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2014

Mileage : 34900

Well done mate , The namimg and shaming of these crooks needs to happen more often.
    Driving vauxhall,s for 30 + years
    and still loving it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite Auto

Engine : 2.8 V6 Turbo

Year : 2006

Default This thread is going to run and run....

I have to say your story is as old as the hills. If you want my honest opinion the selling of unnecessary work in the motor trade is a routine practice which goes on everyday and everywhere.

Of course they prey most on the uninformed and those with no mechanical knowledge or aptitude. I have experience of so many examples that its simply not worth mentioning them here.

In addition and in my experience main franchise dealers often don't look after your car while it's with them, how many times have you noticed a new door ding or scuff when you get it back. Or how about all the broken clips and fixings that get left out because they broke them and/or they couldn't be bothered to walk accross to the stores get some more. And of course the detail such as my old favourite like how the car is jacked up and supported while work is done. Look unerneath most cars and you'll see sill damage and ruptured underbody corrsosion protection, purely because of a lack of care or understanding on the part of the Dealer's operatives.

have wondered off the subject here but when will the motor trade be exposed for what it is ?????????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Nissan GT-R R35 Vectra XP2 CDTI

Trim : Nissan GT-R R35

Engine : 3.8 twin turbo 700hp

Year : 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just read the original post and my eyes nearly popped out my head when I read this statement: "His reply to me was "IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT WE HAVE DONE TO YOUR CAR, I WOULD RATHER YOU DINT BRING IT HERE AGAIN".

IMHO, regardless if a car has been damaged or not, you are paying them for work, so they should do it. As for the parts, why on earth would you need a complete new rad.....!

Glad you got it sorted yourself. Some dealers are right !

Let us know what Vx Cust Serv's say!

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have to say I am dismayed with the response of the dealer & applaud your actions.
    We do rely on these guys to do a good honest job & they are doing themselves no favours at all treating a paying customer this way. Same old story you will be seeking an alternative service arrangement in the future so a long term loss for them. ..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

I wouldn't touch ANY dealer for anything other than warranty work, and then it has been inspected by afterwards. Complaints have been made there and then, on the very few occasions warranty work has been done, mainly for dirty / sloppy workmanship.
    I do have the slight advantage of talking the talk, as I know a bit about vehicles, and how the systems works and can smell BS a mile off.

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    I wouldn't touch ANY dealer for anything other than warranty work, and then it has been inspected by afterwards. Complaints have been made there and then, on the very few occasions warranty work has been done, mainly for dirty / sloppy workmanship.
    I do have the slight advantage of talking the talk, as I know a bit about vehicles, and how the systems works and can smell BS a mile off.
    Takes one to smell the other ..................

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

What you saying, that I'm a bull?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was in that dealership recently and the Sales staff aren't much better. Proper grumpy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information