Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Disable EGR without tuning Yes or No

Hi,

I have a 1.9 150hp, with about 140.000 KM (87k Miles).

I am doing about 1000k (650 miles) of commuting per week, 95% motorway at 120km/h. So that is about 50.000km per year.

I managed to get 420.000Km out of my old Astra 1.7TD until I had to replaced because there was too much expensive maintenance coming up.

Now I want my "new" Vectra to be able to do at least an other 250.000km without a lot of mayor repairs. I accept the fact that de DMF is a thing that needs replacing every 150k, but appart from that I would like to keep it as reliable as possible.

Form my understanding de EGR is good for the environment but bad for the engine. I found a tuner that will disable it for me, with some minor tuning if needed for a good price. If I want the enigne tuned it will cost me more. 175 vs 450.

I am not looking for any extra power, because I do not really need it. And coming from a 55kw Astra, the Vec is a huge improvement. On the other hand, a good tuning could improve drivability and fuel consumption.

I would like to hear some opinions from you guys about disabeling the EGR without tuning, and engine life. And wht about modes tuning and engine life.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by yzf1kr View Post
    Hi,

I have a 1.9 150hp, with about 140.000 KM (87k Miles).

I am doing about 1000k (650 miles) of commuting per week, 95% motorway at 120km/h. So that is about 50.000km per year.

I managed to get 420.000Km out of my old Astra 1.7TD until I had to replaced because there was too much expensive maintenance coming up.

Now I want my "new" Vectra to be able to do at least an other 250.000km without a lot of mayor repairs. I accept the fact that de DMF is a thing that needs replacing every 150k, but appart from that I would like to keep it as reliable as possible.

Form my understanding de EGR is good for the environment but bad for the engine. I found a tuner that will disable it for me, with some minor tuning if needed for a good price. If I want the enigne tuned it will cost me more. 175 vs 450.

I am not looking for any extra power, because I do not really need it. And coming from a 55kw Astra, the Vec is a huge improvement. On the other hand, a good tuning could improve drivability and fuel consumption.

I would like to hear some opinions from you guys about disabeling the EGR without tuning, and engine life. And wht about modes tuning and engine life.
    I heard you cant disable the EGR on the diesels, as the valve is electrically contolled.

People have tried, via remapping the ECU etc, and without success.

You can get a narrower gasket which will stop the buildup for becoming as bad.

Best remap mate, are the BSR ones. You'd get 184bhp, and about 442lb torque i believe on the 1.9 - 150.

However whilst the remap still keeps operation within safe limits, its bound to affect things such as clutch life span etc. Obviously if you ramp the arse out of it, it wont last as long.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by barkzz View Post
    I heard you cant disable the EGR on the diesels, as the valve is electrically contolled.

People have tried, via remapping the ECU etc, and without success.

You can get a narrower gasket which will stop the buildup for becoming as bad.

Best remap mate, are the BSR ones. You'd get 184bhp, and about 442lb torque i believe on the 1.9 - 150.

However whilst the remap still keeps operation within safe limits, its bound to affect things such as clutch life span etc. Obviously if you ramp the arse out of it, it wont last as long.
    more like 305 lb foot of torque i think

Thread Information