Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Help removing rear boot trim on signum

Hi can anyone help me please,
    i have followed the advice on this site and fitted front parking sensors, very pleased with the advice - i couldn't have done it without the help, great site and great people.

I have got my cables to the back of the car, but i want to know how to remove the trim just behind the back seat in front of all the wiring blocks, its the upright carpet interior. Can anyone advise please.you can see it here on the right.
    PS thanks to n_huson for the photo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ok, what I think I did was, pull the front seat forward as far as it will go, then drop the rear and pull that forward too. Take out/lift up the boot flooring. Then I just used a flat headed screw driver and gently pulled the side out and pushed the wire under/behind it at the same time, I think there might even be enough of a gap to just push it under anyway. Then I dropped a bit of odd wire down the big gap (were you get to the fuse box) and tied the wire to this to pull it up to the fuse box. Cricky, I cant really remember, it wasnt actually that long ago either...but I defo didnt remove anything on its route to the back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks, but i need to take it off in order to put the control box there "at the very edge", unfortunatley 1 of my wires only just reaches the trim so the box will have to go there, ps thanks for the how to it was what i followed and gave me the confidence to have a go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The control box for what? Front or rear sensors? There's a little section further to the rear that fits the rear control box fine (Rear corner Curved grill type thing) and my front box is in with my HID kit and Fuse Box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I took this panel off recently to put in towing electrics. If I remember right, you need to undo the seatbelt mount - torx set required - and there is also a push in plastic plug which helps hold the rear quarter panel in place - prise off carefully with a flat-bladed screwdriver probably best with a ruler or something under the blade to give a bit of leverage and protect the headlining. This plug seems to come out at a strange angle. Once you've got this bit of quarter headlining off, you should see about three torx screws along the top edge of the carpeted panel. Once you've got them off, I think it's pretty easy to get the whole panel back - there are other pop out clips but these three or so hidden torx screws were what held me back. Hope this helps. I might have a pic somewhere - I'll have a look - just haven't yet worked out how to put pics on here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The control box is combined for the front and rear sensors,
    Thanks honigstrauss, i give that a try after my breakfast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well phew, finally fitted front and rear parking sensors and also got them wired up.
    learned a lot about how to take off the front and rear bumpers, a bit about the electrics and also removing the inside trim. I could probably do it in 1/3 the time if i ever had to do it again.
    Thanks to everyone here for their help.

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by onpiopah View Post
    well phew, finally fitted front and rear parking sensors and also got them wired up.
    learned a lot about how to take off the front and rear bumpers, a bit about the electrics and also removing the inside trim. I could probably do it in 1/3 the time if i ever had to do it again.
    Thanks to everyone here for their help.
    Well done m8 any tips you can remember worth posting or adding to a How2 ............

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

will do, I set to it asap with my camera and word processor, Have to do it in a few days mind, as sice getting my car 3 weeks ago i have spent more time tinkering with it (sensors front and rear, changed the wiper motor, bought a rotary polisher and learning how to use it) than sleeping with my wife - i think she's getting a bit jealous.
    I bought some snowfoam yesterday and i am dying to use it but my wife and the kids want to go out.

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by onpiopah View Post
    will do, I set to it asap with my camera and word processor, Have to do it in a few days mind, as sice getting my car 3 weeks ago i have spent more time tinkering with it (sensors front and rear, changed the wiper motor, bought a rotary polisher and learning how to use it) than sleeping with my wife - i think she's getting a bit jealous.
    I bought some snowfoam yesterday and i am dying to use it but my wife and the kids want to go out.
    Do it when you get back ............... when you can m8 family first imo ..........

Thread Information