User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Where to Store Wax etc

  1. #1
    Regular Member installer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nottingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Where to Store Wax etc

    Looked through the search facility and cannot find anything.So therefore does anyone know?
    Best place to store natty paste wax blue and poor boys wheel sealent ?Same goes for AG SRP & EGP.
    Cool and dark?Such as under stairs cupboard?

  2. #2
    Ex Vec-C Admin ed taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking Through a Camera Lens.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra Estate

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 3.2 V6

    Year : 04

    Mileage : 55000

    Default

    I keep mine in a plastic box in the garage. But in the very cold winter I bring the wax into the house. I have heard of putting the wax in the fridge (that idea might be brand specific though). But I don,t as the wax I have seems to spread easier when slightly warm. I would move it to somewhere cooler if it became Very hot as the wax might start to seperate, but as up to now I have been ok storing my wax,s this way.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Big Knox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I would say it doesn't matter hugely as long as you're sensible about it, ie don't leave it in the sun in the window etc

  4. #4
    Regular Member Tadpole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed taylor View Post
    I keep mine in a plastic box in the garage. But in the very cold winter I bring the wax into the house. I have heard of putting the wax in the fridge (that idea might be brand specific though). But I don,t as the wax I have seems to spread easier when slightly warm. I would move it to somewhere cooler if it became Very hot as the wax might start to seperate, but as up to now I have been ok storing my wax,s this way.
    Probably difficult for you give a true long term answer Ed as yours is used up so quicky ........

  5. #5
    Regular Member glynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    stevenage, hertfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    i keep all my cleaning stuff in the shed

  6. #6
    Ex Vec-C Admin ed taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking Through a Camera Lens.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra Estate

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 3.2 V6

    Year : 04

    Mileage : 55000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    Probably difficult for you give a true long term answer Ed as yours is used up so quicky ........
    Nice Answer. But I have more wax than I have time to put on.

  7. #7
    Forum Moderator FIL 4822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    On a French Carp lake somewhere x
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia VX-line RED Tourer

    Trim : No, over weight!

    Engine : Flux Core Capacitor

    Year : 1 A.D

    Mileage : Rising

    Default

    Wax. You can store it anywhere.
    What you shouldn't do is allow it to freeze !

    If its in your garage/shed, just wrap the container in a MF cloth.

    Its the liquid chemicals/cleaners that you MUST look after as they begin to seperate in the bottle and become useless.

    Hope this helps.


    Have consideration for the deaf, if you're gunna fart, make it smell !


  8. #8
    Regular Member Tadpole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed taylor View Post
    Nice Answer. But I have more wax than I have time to put on.
    I don’t think you are using enough each time Ed ...........
    Quote Originally Posted by FIL 4822 View Post
    Wax. You can store it anywhere.
    What you shouldn't do is allow it to freeze !

    If its in your garage/shed, just wrap the container in a MF cloth.

    Its the liquid chemicals/cleaners that you MUST look after as they begin to seperate in the bottle and become useless.

    Hope this helps.
    What should we do with this type of kit, shake it every now & then if so how frequently ...........

  9. #9
    Forum Moderator FIL 4822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    On a French Carp lake somewhere x
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia VX-line RED Tourer

    Trim : No, over weight!

    Engine : Flux Core Capacitor

    Year : 1 A.D

    Mileage : Rising

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    ...........

    What should we do with this type of kit, shake it every now & then

    Shouldn't need 'shaking'.
    Would it get shook when it's being stored from the manufacturer ? I think not.

    If it makes you feel better, then give it a shake every month !


    Have consideration for the deaf, if you're gunna fart, make it smell !


  10. #10
    Regular Member Tadpole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIL 4822 View Post
    Shouldn't need 'shaking'.
    Would it get shook when it's being stored from the manufacturer ? I think not.

    If it makes you feel better, then give it a shake every month !
    To be honest I have noticed some of the kit separates quite quickly, maybe I should use it more often ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Applause ticket store
    By spennny in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24th August 2011, 22:41
  2. Excellent bag to store ya da6 polisher
    By Ralphwells1967 in forum Detailing and Car Care Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 6th April 2011, 20:36
  3. Husband Store
    By Vaux-Man-G in forum Comedy & Humour
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26th June 2009, 17:07
  4. How to store tyres and wheels
    By denzo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21st November 2005, 10:27

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •