User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.2DTi Won't Start - Immobiliser??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 2.2DTi Won't Start - Immobiliser??

Morning people!

I've only owned my Vec C for two weeks now, and it start's ok each time no worries, then two days ago it spluttered into life and stalled. Then wouldn't have non of it, turns over really well as normal, but won't fire. I changed an "oily" looking leak off pipe (small section including t-piece over the third injector from the left) after reading about them and hoping it was that, then again it took forever but eventually started. Went for a burn to re-charge the battery mainly, then home. I used it on purpose 5 hours later, started perfectly like it should.

So, used the bike for work yesterday so didn't touch the car till 10pm last night, again spluttered and stalled, then had none of it. The alarm has gone off a couple of times for no reason before this problem started. My mechanics coming out today to have a look, but over the phone suggests it maybe an immobiliser issue - what's the general feeling on this?

Also - I bought the car privately so never got a handbook for the vehicle, I'm gonna get one off Ebay, but is there anything I should know about the alarm??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If there was a fault with the immobiliser the car wouldnt turn over at all as i found out myself.Also you would get the padlock symbol on your dash if it was an immobiliser fault.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rayvo-gsi View Post
    If there was a fault with the immobiliser the car wouldnt turn over at all as i found out myself.Also you would get the padlock symbol on your dash if it was an immobiliser fault.
    Ok, good to know thanks! So back to my air-lock idea then lol. See what the mechanic comes up with, he's ex-vauxhall anyway and reasonably priced, NO WAY would I go to the stealers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Defective Glow Plugs??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I don't think the glow plugs will have any effect at this time of year, they only work around 5*c or below.
    It sounds to me like you either have air leaking into the fuel system or a faulty fuel pump.

Is the engine mgt light showing at all? if so you might be best having the codes read.
    hth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by dh.dti View Post
    I don't think the glow plugs will have any effect at this time of year, they only work around 5*c or below.
    It sounds to me like you either have air leaking into the fuel system or a faulty fuel pump.

Is the engine mgt light showing at all? if so you might be best having the codes read.
    hth
    Nope - engine management lights when i turn the ignition on, but goes out straight away when started - i'm taking that as normal. It does beep once when i turn the ignition on, but again guess that's a management check or something.

I am suspecting a faulty pump or plain air leak somewhere else. Either way, bet it's not cheap!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sounds like the cim might need tech 2ing, as the immobiliser runs from the cim,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

It is not immobiliser, as it wouldn't even crank if this has activated, let alone run and stall.

My old 2.0 DTi did this a few times, and was worse when parked 'nose up'. If it did this, I had to crank and crank for ages before it spluttered into life. Some white smoke would come out the tail pipe too - unburnt diesel and stinks.

I would look again at ALL the leak off pipes and T pieces, and also check the security of the fuel filter housing seal. When did you last drain the filter of water?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

Run and stall is exactly the problem my veccy b is having for the past 2 days. Its one of 3 things for sure... starting with the cheapest...

t-pieces and the rubber piping, including the pipe from the injectors back to the pump.
    injector seals - had this done on mine, but if they cheat and lift the camshaft instead of removing it then can pinch the new seal near cylinder number 1
    fuel pump seals - these can also let air in and last time i had one of these i sold the car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    When did you last drain the filter of water?
    The guy coming tonight to look serviced it two days after I bought it (two weeks ago) and changed the fuel filter then, maybe something there??

I'll let you know what he comes up with...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information