Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default New POI on CD70 SatNav

Has anybody tried adding new points of interest (POI) on the CD70 SatNav disk? I can create a backup copy of the disk which works fine, including TMC, but I would like to add a new POI category which are several thousand work locations around the UK which I can call up by a reference number. This can be done easily with TomTom, but to have it on the built in SatNav would be really useful.
    Incidentally there is an upgrade software disk available for the CD70 which is a considerable improvement on the original software as the screen now zooms in on direction turns, and when the fuel tank is low there is a one press button option to take you to the nearest fuel station! You may need to sweet talk your local Vauxhall Dealer to getting the software upgraded which takes about 15 minutes.

Regards

Jonesylah

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : Leather

hi mate, i have the cd70 with the monochrome display from may 2005, is this upgade ok for me ,or is it for the colour display. if yours is colour what do you think of it is it better than the monochrome? i would like a colour one but no idea where to get one from .price etc.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by tonyblade
    hi mate, i have the cd70 with the monochrome display from may 2005, is this upgade ok for me ,or is it for the colour display. if yours is colour what do you think of it is it better than the monochrome? i would like a colour one but no idea where to get one from .price etc.
    The software upgrade should offer some enhancements to the CD70 with a monochrome display as the dynamic re-routing and low fuel warning/nearest fuel station is not dependant on the display. The upgrade also improves the display shown when standard (non MP3) CD's are used and track id tags are available. The software is dated July 2005 and version is 3.5 from memory.
    The colour screen on the CD70 gives a full country wide graphical map display down to street level, this is overlayed by TMC symbols were traffic incidents are so is very different from the monochrome display which gives turn directions on the screen only. I'm not sure if an upgrade from monochrome to colour screen would be economic as the colour screen alone would be £400 plus fitting and you could buy a good TomTom unit for that much. However with the built in Satnav and TMC I do use it every day on my regular trips to work as the TMC info is so accurate and useful. I find most users of standalone Satnav only use them occasionally for unfamiliar trips after the initial novelty has worn off. I'll add some screen shots to this message later.

Regards

Joneseylah
    Vauxhall Signum Elegance 1.9CDTI (150)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default CD70 screenshots new software.

As promised in previous message, some screenshots from the colour screen on the CD70. Maps are shown with TMC overlays.

Joneseylah

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would also like to add POI and the speed camera database, I have looked at the structure of the disc and I dont think its possible without decompiling the data files, I appears to be based on the original vauxhall Carin system as the word Carin appears in many of the files.

If anyone knows how to add anything i would be very interested..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've got the colour display but don't seem to get the TMC updates. Do you have to subscribe, or should I just read the manual.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by MLC
    I've got the colour display but don't seem to get the TMC updates. Do you have to subscribe, or should I just read the manual.
    Do you have a satnav disk dated 2004 or later? The TMC codes are not available on earlier disks. Also the Siemens CD70 with mono or colour display and twin FM tuner was available on the Signum/Vectra range from September 2004. You may have the previous CDR2013 unit which supports TMC but only has a single FM tuner. Due to the licensing in the UK of TMC broadcasts it is only available on Classic FM and Vauxhall never paid the licensing fee for its use on the UK map CD's used for CDR2013. A friend who has an Omega with the CDR2013 was surprised to see TMC work for the first time when he went to Germany with a German sanav disk installed were TMC is broadcast on most FM stations.
    If you do have a CD70 installed in your car and a satnav disk dated 2004 or later then the TMC updates should work by default when the satnav is running and the second tuner finds the broadcasts on Classic FM. A new UK/Irl CD with TMC codes for the CD70 will cost about £120 from a Vauxhall dealer or Navteq direct, however these are often seen for sale on ebay for a lot less. I bought a genuine 2005 UK disk from Germany on ebay for 28 euros which had been split from a 7 CD europe pack which users buy to reduce upgrade costs by selling the countries not wanted.

Joneseylah

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yep it's a CD70 in a nov 2004 car. I'll have a look and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

"Incidentally there is an upgrade software disk available for the CD70 which is a considerable improvement on the original software as the screen now zooms in on direction turns, and when the fuel tank is low there is a one press button option to take you to the nearest fuel station! You may need to sweet talk your local Vauxhall Dealer to getting the software upgraded which takes about 15 minutes."

Firstly, hello, I have just picked up my car. It has the CD70 Nav (completed with copy CD, good ols car supermarkets !). The copied NAV CD does not bother me so much as it does work. I am interested in the above update, is this a firmware modification to the head unit or a new CD for the Nav system ? What exactly am I asking for at my dealer and how much will he charge me for the update. Also very interested if any one got an answer to updating POI's - seems a bit like extortion to constantly have to pay 115 GBP to update a few new roads and POI's.
    Cheers
    Kev

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by testbloke View Post
    "Incidentally there is an upgrade software disk available for the CD70 which is a considerable improvement on the original software as the screen now zooms in on direction turns, and when the fuel tank is low there is a one press button option to take you to the nearest fuel station! You may need to sweet talk your local Vauxhall Dealer to getting the software upgraded which takes about 15 minutes."

Firstly, hello, I have just picked up my car. It has the CD70 Nav (completed with copy CD, good ols car supermarkets !). The copied NAV CD does not bother me so much as it does work. I am interested in the above update, is this a firmware modification to the head unit or a new CD for the Nav system ? What exactly am I asking for at my dealer and how much will he charge me for the update. Also very interested if any one got an answer to updating POI's - seems a bit like extortion to constantly have to pay 115 GBP to update a few new roads and POI's.
    Cheers
    Kev
    If your car had the original CD's there should have been a seperate language CD which includes the satnav software. The latest language CD has version 3.5 with the zoom in on turns and low fuel/nearest petrol station option. If you canot get a Vauxhall dealer to update it for you then anyone driving any Signum registered from late 2005 (55 plate) onwards should have the language CD in the glove box as they all have satnav as standard. Maybe a friendly tap on the window in a car park of a Signum owner may get you a free update as the CD is not required once the software is updated although you will need to change the default language from German to English before removing the CD.
    Failing that a search on emule may find the update!
    Updated map CD's are always available on ebay for a lot less than the Navteq list price, make sure they quote Opel/Vauxhall CD70 in the description.
    Jonesylah
    Last edited by Joneseylah; 19th December 2006 at 23:05. Reason: Spelling/added text.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information