Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default bury hands free

since thursday my phone d'oesnt want to work with my hands free-
    i have narrowed it down to either my phone or the detachable cradle being at fault (by using an old nokia and the nokia cradle originally fited when i bought the car which still works fine)

when i plug the phone onto the cradle it unlocks, flashes charging but then doesnt charge and the keypad locks again- willnot work via the car radio as it should.

normally the keypad remains unlocked and charges the phone whilst in the cradle.
    any ideas?
    it is the bury talk and talk system and a sony ericcson k660i by the way

cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sorry meant to add, i have cleaned the contacts on the bottom of the phone and on the cradle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What did you clean the phone pins with? I usually find a pencil rubber is good and has cured many faults. Otherwise try and check if there are any phone updates via sony ericsson update program this has cured quite a few also (Especially K800's). Other than that it is a 50/50 of phone or cradle no way of knowing without trying another handset etc.

(I work at the Bury importers (Chameleon) and do Bury / Parrot tech support!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog1974 View Post
    What did you clean the phone pins with? I usually find a pencil rubber is good and has cured many faults. Otherwise try and check if there are any phone updates via sony ericsson update program this has cured quite a few also (Especially K800's). Other than that it is a 50/50 of phone or cradle no way of knowing without trying another handset etc.

(I work at the Bury importers (Chameleon) and do Bury / Parrot tech support!)
    i will certainly try a rubber - thanks for that although i beleive it it making a connection. if i remove the cradle from the car and put the phone in it nothing happens, but with the cradle fitted in the car it unlocks the keypad charging flashes up momentarily before locking again and not charging. i should also probably add that the base is for a sony eric k530 model but my phone the k660i fits as it is 1 mm differnce in size and has been working fine in car for a month - same battery etc as k530.

your thinking the software on the phone might be an issue then? i can see the cradle has screws on the back , is it worth trying to take apart to check for anything or would i be baffled at what i would be looking at?

cheers for the advise!
    Last edited by ks246; 11th April 2009 at 19:58.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not worth opening the cradle up to be honest, the reason i suspect connections is because SE handsets are very sensitive to a slight bit of resistance on the pins it doesn't have to be a complete break in the connection. The reason i mention the handset software is because sometimes they have a funny moment due to software bugs and an update can help

Give it a shot and see what happens

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

update:
    have cleaned with a rubber- no difference, and have reset the phone, i did find the sony ericson site with software upgrades but need do it as didn't want to lose setting put on by network provider (warning from s e site) so unless theres any other sugestions i'll prob be going to the phone shop to get them to do it on my next day off. the mob has been randomly freezing and resetting anyway so mite be down to that.

Thread Information