User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Another 2.2 Direct with loss of power...

  1. #1
    Regular Member Flaninacupboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Wellingborough
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Another 2.2 Direct with loss of power...

    First started just after christmas, i would get a sharp loss of power (feels like a misfire) when hitting about 5,000rpm (not something i normally do). First couple of times the car would continue to function fine. Sometime in february it did it again, but this time gave me the EML, so in it went. After checking on here and seeing the story in the paper, realise i need a new high pressure fuel pump. dealer diagnosed faulty fuel regulator, the pump seems fine. all appeared well, until saturday when i decided to check if it really was ok, and sure enough first time i went over 5,000 rpm EML. It's gone back today and had another fuel regulator fitted, along with a new high pressure pump. just glad i wasn't paying for it, and hope it's a revised pump that's been fitted. does anyone know if i could verify that? not even sure where the pump is situated.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Penfold101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Thank goodness for the forum... Again...

  3. #3
    Regular Member Dan_BlackSRi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra SRi

    Trim : XP NAV

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

    Year : 2007

    Default

    Maybe its the supermarket fuel you are using

  4. #4
    Regular Member Flaninacupboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Wellingborough
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    That makes no sense whatsoever. i have been using supermarket (it used to be a safeway, now a waitrose) fuel since i got my licence. if supermarket fuel killed cars in 25,000 miles (all mine has done) it would be a pretty big deal! i think it's far more likely that a known design fault with a part that has now been revised is the more likely culprit.

  5. #5
    Full Member gibbon7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    lincs
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    My old mans 2.2 direct signum has been suffering from the same problem, took it back to stealers as under warranty and they have changed the high pressure fuel pump hth

    Edit: just read your thread properly and looks like you have already had the high pressure fuel pump replaced

    My other car. 1972 1641cc slammed beetle. On the road finally!!

  6. #6
    Regular Member Flaninacupboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Wellingborough
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Yep, little frustrating as i was able to walk in and tell them the problem but of course tech2 knows better!! Just wanted to post up my experience to keep the topic alive for any other 2.2 owners having trouble.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Corby
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaninacupboard View Post
    That makes no sense whatsoever.
    It may not be the reason why certain things fail, but supermarket fuel is only 95% petrol, the other 5% is ethanol. Thats why its cheaper than fuel from the likes of Shell and BP.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 2.0 CDTi

    Year : 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
    It may not be the reason why certain things fail, but supermarket fuel is only 95% petrol, the other 5% is ethanol. Thats why its cheaper than fuel from the likes of Shell and BP.
    Seeing as all fuel comes from the same refineries, with the drivers putting in the required additives depending who they're collecting it for (they used to use a swipe card system where it did this automatically - not sure if they still do). The only difference with supermarket fuel and the branded fuels is what additives are put in when it is collected by the tanker driver.

    A quick google seems to confirm this.

    http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/po...t=6701&m=67305

    Also, guess which petrol manufacturer supplies Sainsburys - correct, BP.

    http://www.petrolprices.com/sainsburys.html

    At the end of the day all fuel has to meet a BS Standard or they wouldn't be allowed to sell it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Corby
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Seeing as all fuel comes from the same refineries, with the drivers putting in the required additives depending who they're collecting it for (they used to use a swipe card system where it did this automatically - not sure if they still do). The only difference with supermarket fuel and the branded fuels is what additives are put in when it is collected by the tanker driver.

    A quick google seems to confirm this.

    http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/po...t=6701&m=67305

    Also, guess which petrol manufacturer supplies Sainsburys - correct, BP.

    http://www.petrolprices.com/sainsburys.html

    At the end of the day all fuel has to meet a BS Standard or they wouldn't be allowed to sell it.
    If ethanol is added to the fuel, it is therefore one of the additives. I stand by my previous post. Certain cars dont run well on supermarket fuels, but do run well on main brand fuels. It may come from the same refinery, but with different levels of different additives, it becomes a different variant of the original fuel. Its the same with many things - Weetabix make ownbrand wheat biscuits for supermarkets, but they taste slightly different. Engine oils vary too, yet they are probably refined at the same place. It doesnt mean that any of these products don't meet a particular standard, just that they are slightly different. The diesel you buy between April and September is different to that which you buy between October and March. The difference is the addition of an anti-waxing additive. Still complies to the same BS standard, but the percentage of diesel to additive changes.

  10. #10
    Regular Member johnmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Inverclyde
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I have a 2004 2.2 Direct and my high pressure pump went at around 50k miles.....suddenly.It was replaced under warranty.....then the O2 sensor (?) went immediately after Glad I wasnt paying either......10k later my engine seized Unrelated, but replaced under Waranty. Love the 2.2 Direct

    As for the supermarket fuel debate,

    http://www.carbibles.com/fuel_engine_bible_pg2.html

    Its an interesting read

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2.2 Direct Power loss Again
    By LEEROB695 in forum Vectra C / Signum Troubleshooting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13th August 2011, 13:15
  2. '55 2.2 Direct loss of power
    By margojerrycat in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22nd September 2009, 20:42
  3. 2.2 Direct Signum Petrol - Loss of power
    By Binksy2.2Direct in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 9th July 2009, 00:33
  4. Vectra C, 2.2 direct, power loss- reluctant starter
    By Trebor_Lien in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th February 2009, 22:59
  5. Vectra 2.2 Direct SRI power loss
    By craig123 in forum Vectra C / Signum Troubleshooting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22nd November 2008, 21:07

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •