User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: French Advice please

  1. #1
    Regular Member purple170503's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    kent
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default French Advice please

    I'm off to France for a week Saturday and have already done some research on here and other internet about what to take,like the bulbs, vests etc but need to find out a couple of things so helping someone on here could help

    I've heard a rumour that it is now an offence to have GPS with speed camera sites, I was going to put them on there but want to check first

    Also trying to find out best of way of adjusting the beams, I have the face lift lights but can't find a lever under the bonnet to adjust them so guessing I'll have to use those awful stick on ones.

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Regular Member hyperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    pontefract
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    not heard that about the gps devices, i know its illegal in france to use radar/laser detectors, your sat nav or gps device is simply holding a database of camera locations and not actually detecting anything, these locations in this country have to be made public knowledge as they are classed as safety cameras, not 100% sure if its the same in france tho.

  3. #3
    Regular Member adfrodsham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    lincoln
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    there should be a lever inside you lights to ajust them, its only tiny but should be there, also you need a hi visability vest, get one here as they are expensive at ferry port, also warning triangle, first aid kit and fire extinguisher, get them from dealers they aint that much, i got it all when i was working in germany and they have same rules, also in germany you need a tyre weld kit, not sure about france, have a good holiday

  4. #4
    Regular Member ade0303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by purple170503 View Post
    I'm off to France for a week Saturday and have already done some research on here and other internet about what to take,like the bulbs, vests etc but need to find out a couple of things so helping someone on here could help

    I've heard a rumour that it is now an offence to have GPS with speed camera sites, I was going to put them on there but want to check first

    Also trying to find out best of way of adjusting the beams, I have the face lift lights but can't find a lever under the bonnet to adjust them so guessing I'll have to use those awful stick on ones.

    thanks in advance
    http://driving.drive-alive.co.uk/driving-in-france.htm

  5. #5
    [Ex]Admin Duncan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Sussex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adfrodsham View Post
    there should be a lever inside you lights to ajust them, its only tiny but should be there,...
    Not on the facelift lights there isn't. If you have AFL then there's a simple procedure to switch it to LHD lights, but if it's non-AFL then it's the awful stick-on things I'm afraid.

  6. #6
    Regular Member adfrodsham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    lincoln
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    sorry, mis read facelift, mine are pre and they have lever.

  7. #7
    Regular Member KieronGSI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aylesbury
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adfrodsham View Post
    there should be a lever inside you lights to ajust them, its only tiny but should be there, also you need a hi visability vest, get one here as they are expensive at ferry port, also warning triangle, first aid kit and fire extinguisher, get them from dealers they aint that much, i got it all when i was working in germany and they have same rules, also in germany you need a tyre weld kit, not sure about france, have a good holiday

    The first aid kit and fire extinguisher are not required in France but they are recommended as it's an offence not to assist in the event of an accident.

    I took the whole kit and kaboodle when i went to Disneyland in March.

  8. #8
    Regular Member hyperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    pontefract
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KieronGSI View Post
    The first aid kit and fire extinguisher are not required in France but they are recommended as it's an offence not to assist in the event of an accident.

    I took the whole kit and kaboodle when i went to Disneyland in March.
    thats not true

    "
    REFLECTIVE JACKETS & WARNING TRIANGLES IN FRANCE (30 September)


    The French Road Safety Department has confirmed that:
    From 1st October 2008 all drivers in France, including drivers of vehicles registered outside of France, must have one warning triangle and one reflective jacket in their vehicle.
    This regulation, which we understand does not apply to two and three wheeled vehicles, will be enforced with on-the-spot fines of between €90 and €135.



  9. #9
    Regular Member KieronGSI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aylesbury
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyperman View Post
    thats not true

    "
    REFLECTIVE JACKETS & WARNING TRIANGLES IN FRANCE (30 September)


    The French Road Safety Department has confirmed that:
    From 1st October 2008 all drivers in France, including drivers of vehicles registered outside of France, must have one warning triangle and one reflective jacket in their vehicle.
    This regulation, which we understand does not apply to two and three wheeled vehicles, will be enforced with on-the-spot fines of between €90 and €135.



    Ummm where did i say you dont need those!

  10. #10
    Regular Member hyperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    pontefract
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    sorry i meant to say that was taken from the aa website...it also says...

    It is absolutely prohibited to carry, transport or use radar detectors. Failure to comply with this regulation involves a fine of up to 1500 Euros and the vehicle and/or device may be confiscated.
    January 2009

    no mention of gps devices with speed camera locations, although it does say these are illegal in some countries
    but not france.

    hth


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. new french member !
    By matt.gts in forum Introduce yourself.
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30th October 2012, 19:10
  2. A French one!
    By tony-1977 in forum Comedy & Humour
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25th December 2011, 22:56
  3. French visit
    By gaz1965 in forum Comedy & Humour
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 20th December 2011, 22:09
  4. French F1 GP
    By silverhairedracer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17th October 2008, 14:43
  5. Why aren't we doing what the French are???
    By j13hdb in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22nd May 2008, 13:32

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •