I've been promosing to do my mother-in-law's SMART car for her for ages, and finally got around to doing it today.
Now, this was was BRAND NEW in September last year.....and has never been washed!
Here is how it turned up
First the wheels
Soaked in Bilberry and scrubbed with various wheel brushes
There was some really stubborn tar and brake dust spots on the fronts
So I sprayed on some Chemical Guys Tar and Bug remover (3 caps to 500ml) and went at it with a toothbrush. That managed to shift it all
Then I soaked the Arches, Sills and Wheels in Meguiars APC
and jet washed off
Next, time for the fun part
You can really see it pulling the dirt off the paint work
This was then pressure washed off, and the car hand washed with the two bucket method
Now, I wasn't going to clay the car, but I couldn't see the condition of the paint underneath. It was a right state. It's got loads of factory fallout stuck to the paint
which showed really badly against the while paint, so I had to clay it, otherwise I'd have only been doing half a job leaving it like that.
The front wing
I didn't take any more pics of the claying state, because I spent over 1 1/2 hours doing it!
The car was then dried off using Meguiars Quick Touch detailer and waffle weave towel, and then waxed using Natty's Blue.
Sills and Tyres dressed with Chemical Guys trim gel
And the interior!
All in, 3 hours work, and one very happy mother-in-law :thumbup: