Thread: Lucky Escape

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Lucky Escape

My power steering failure light came on a couple of weks ago and vauxhall confirmed via a Tech2 check that a new pump was needed. Luckily, I managed to get a second hand pump from a breakers for a fraction of the cost that vauxhall wanted and booked vauxhall to fit the replacement pump today.

Got inthe car this morning to find that my battery is completely drained and without any jump leads to hand, I phone Vx and re-schedule for next week. After trying to charge the battery for almost the whole day with no improvement, I decide to buy and fit a new one and guess what......my power steering is working fine!!!!

The light is still on though....any ideas why???? Does it just need a reset?

I'm fuming with Vx. Doing a bit of research on here, it looks as though the power steering might sometimes deactivate, if the battery charge is low, to protect whatever charge is left. Why on earth did these 'masterfit' technicians not cover all these possibilities before plugging the car into a computer and diagnosing a problem that does not exist and then quoting £870!!

Anyway, looks like I'l be putting the replacment pump in the for sale section!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by kon123 View Post
    My power steering failure light came on a couple of weks ago and vauxhall confirmed via a Tech2 check that a new pump was needed. Luckily, I managed to get a second hand pump from a breakers for a fraction of the cost that vauxhall wanted and booked vauxhall to fit the replacement pump today.

Got inthe car this morning to find that my battery is completely drained and without any jump leads to hand, I phone Vx and re-schedule for next week. After trying to charge the battery for almost the whole day with no improvement, I decide to buy and fit a new one and guess what......my power steering is working fine!!!!

The light is still on though....any ideas why???? Does it just need a reset?

I'm fuming with Vx. Doing a bit of research on here, it looks as though the power steering might sometimes deactivate, if the battery charge is low, to protect whatever charge is left. Why on earth did these 'masterfit' technicians not cover all these possibilities before plugging the car into a computer and diagnosing a problem that does not exist and then quoting £870!!

Anyway, looks like I'l be putting the replacment pump in the for sale section!!

I know how you feel mate, took my bike to a main dealer and got told my Valves needed reseating, £400 later after doing the work myself, NO differance, they didnt need any work atall, they didnt read the computer properly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Monkey sees, monkey does.

Low battery voltage can casue all sorts of random problems.

Thread Information