Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Expert help advice please!!

Hello
    I am desperatley hoping to have some good advice from some of you experts out there.

I have a 55 plate signum 1.9 150. I have owned it for around 18 months. In that time I have had it back to the garage around 10 times for various issues. Most seemed to centre around issues with low power at low revs. They changed egr valves, swirl valves, hooked it up to their computer loads of times. In the end the problems were gradually corrected. I thought about selling the car as it had been so much trouble (luckily had not cost me anything other than stress as all this was done under warrentee).

Warretee finished in december 08 (4 months ago). Last friday my car started losing power at low revs, and then in the afternoon died completly and would not start. The car went to Vx who spent a day looking at it, after which they called me to say that they could not find any problems with my car as they could not get it started!!!!!!!!!!

Well obviously that was not acceptable so I asked very politely if they could try again the following day...

Today, I have recieved a call from Vx stating that the issue is a dead particulate filter and that they intend to bill me £1400 for a new one!!!

£1400!!!

I am stunned, the car is only a tad over 3 years old, how can this be right?

I really need some advice, as that is a really huge amout of cash to lay my hands on, and I really can't help but feel this shouldn't be happening just 3 months out of warrentee???

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

get in touch with vx customer services and tell them about the problem's you have had / are having..they will open a case file and hopefully stump up the cost of the repairs...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well I did try this over the phone today, but the guy told me that Vx head office would not even contribute to the cost of repairs. I feel this is really unfare especially given the number of times I had to take the car back before the warrentee expired.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

If it had been back 10 in the time you had it and Vx want £1,400 for a DPF, then I would be writing back to Vx saying their technicians haven't a clue and have done something through incompetance m8,

I would play Vx at their own game here, Deffo trading standards by the way.

As for the £1,400 tell Vauxhall to go and sing.

Gazza4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : SRI

Engine : CDTI 150 (Z19 DTH)

Year : 2008

Mileage : 100k

I know exactly how you feel - ive had to pay for a
    New Inlet
    New Injectors
    New Alternator
    all on a car thats only done 35,000 miles..

Various calls by the dealer and me to Vx customer services and they just dont want to pay. They just kept saying its out of its 3 year warrenty so sorry we cant help..

Ive taken this up independantly with VX and a case is now open for me.

So -if you do go ahead with the repair and have to pay the money. Definatley write to VX explaining everything.. Keep it calm, no demands etc, just put your reasoning down and ask them how they feel it can be resolved so all are happy.. Send your letter recorded.

It may be a long process, but if its like me - there 'may' be light at the end of the tunnel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That is really interesting - I had forgotten one of the many times mine went back was for a new alternator... Jeeeeez - the more I think about it the more I feel I have brought a lemon of a car.

I really can't see how they can say that its out of its warrentee - I mean I do, because it is - but really, how, with a straight face, can they really think that this is acceptable.

Such a bill to fix a nearly new car is just ridiculous.

... Also, I am guessing that the reason the filter is knackered could well be due to some other issue - and mearly replacing the filter may well not be the answer...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your motor.

As you (obviously) didn't buy it new, it may be worth a try to provide more details of your car here on the forum (colour, model, mileage, how many owners etc.) JUST in case another member on here either knows about the car itself or even used to own it - any previous history you have to hand may lend some wight to youyr argument.

The only reason I say this is my last but one Signum WAS 55 plated and, after having engine problems with it for 12 months, VX eventually bought it back off me some 18 months ago as they couldn't fix the problem.

I know the car appeared on Autotrader some weeks later for sale at a VX dealership miles away from me (I think it was down south somewhere) and all I can hope is that they did in fact locate and fix the problems before some unsuspecting person bought it.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Interesting - OK

Well mine is a 55 plate, it is a 1.9 cdti 150 - design with metalic black paint and 1.9" snowflake wheels. I brought it from a guy who lived near guilford, and he got it second hand from a vx dealer - they told him it was a show car. that is pretty much all I know. In fact it is a really nice looking car, and if it wasn't for the terrible problems I have had under the bonnet I would love to keep it, but really feeling now like I need to cut my losses and maybe get VX to do the decent thing and stump up for a repair or offer to buy it off me for a fair price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

Quote Originally Posted by fowlerdf View Post
    Well I did try this over the phone today, but the guy told me that Vx head office would not even contribute to the cost of repairs. I feel this is really unfare especially given the number of times I had to take the car back before the warrentee expired.
    don't go through the dealer's to get to vx head office, go directly to them yourself, i did this with an astra i had and as the dealer's were rubbish to say the least they got a shock when i walked in with a case number and told them to call about getting it sorted, i know times are hard for us all nevermind vx but do not part with any cash untill you have spoken to VX CUSTOMER SERVICES......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Defo wasn't mine then! Mine was a Metro Blue Elite which had the problems.

As has been previously suggested, go direct to VX about your problems, your dealers won't be too much help.

You could contact the servicing dealers of the motor and ask for details / printout of any work that has previously been done to it, and also contact the previous owner and ask him what problems VX sorted for him whilst he owned it. These may be long shots, but you may get more info that will help your case.

Dave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information