Thread: Whats Your IQ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Question Whats Your IQ?

heya i did a supervised IQ test today. called the Cattell III B its an official one. but i was wondering what everyone if they know has? UK average is apprently 100.5 lol the french are 94.

mines 149 according to the results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

last time i did it 144 but think its dropped quite alot. to much time with you guys

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by redraptor_141 View Post
    UK average is apprently 100.5 lol the french are 94.
    The French have lower IQ? - tell us something we don't know!

I've never had a proper supervised test, just all these self-test ones you can do. Usually get a decent result 130+ but I don't know how that relates/would differ on a supervised official one.

I was curious and had a peek at the Mensa web site to see what the deal was with IQ and being a Mensa member. Apparently it's not as clear cut as simply scoring over a certain IQ.....

"Membership in Mensa is open to persons who have attained a score within the upper two percent of the general population on an approved intelligence test that has been properly administered and supervised. There is no other qualification or disqualification for membership eligibility.
    The term "IQ score" is widely used but poorly defined. There are a large number of tests with different scales. The result on one test of 132 can be the same as a score 148 on another test. Some intelligence tests don't use IQ scores at all. Mensa has set a percentile as cutoff to avoid this confusion. Candidates for membership in Mensa must achieve a score at or above the 98th percentile on a standard test of intelligence (a score that is greater than or equal to that achieved by 98 percent of the general population taking the test).
    Generally, there are two ways to prove that you qualify for Mensa: either take the Mensa test, or submit a qualifying test score from another test. There are a large number of intelligence tests that are "approved". More information on whether a test you have taken is approved, as well as information on the procedure for taking the Mensa test, can be obtained from the nearest Mensa office. There are no on-line tests that can be used for admission to Mensa. Feel free to contact Mensa for specific details about eligibility."

So what if the 98% of the general population taking the test at the time are all geniuses? - you'd be stuffed! lol. Equally if they're all thickos you'd get in with no sweat but you could be a thicko too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

id love to do 1 to prove how smart i am to the wife

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm smart enough to not take a test since I joined P&O in 1971............ I know the result; no-one else does as it's not really relevant.

Perhaps not as smart as some of my peers but still manage to run my own global line of business for my company. It takes all sorts, as they say....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i remeber seeing a QI episode that said somthing like the spanish army wont use german shepards as apprently the rule is for them you need a IQ of 70 and they german shepard only has one of 68 lol i think there the figures it was somthing like that.

HOW ON EARTH DID THEY MESURE THAT!! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If the average in the uk is 100.5, and some (most) people here are scoring 130+, then there must be, by law of averages, and equal amount of people out there with an IQ lower than 70. And the same for the people who score over 140 and 150, <60 and <50 respectively.

What worries me is that the people with the low IQ's are probably the people running the country and the banks.....

I have done tests in the past and have managed around the 130-140 but not a proper test, just the free online ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I dont know where to search for results, but having a job, having a computer with internet access, and most of all being able to read and write (didnt want to push things saying literate) put you on a good footing, think yourselves lucky.

Regular Member Vauxhall Thru & Thru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I did a Mensa test when I was about 19 and scored 155. It was in the top 1 percentile, apparently, and they sent me a letter with a membership offer.
    I never joined, as I quickly realised that IQ counts for absolutely squat if it's not accompanied by a nice mix of common sense and people skills.
    I work with some seriously clever people who make me feel thick, but some of them exhibit no sense whatsoever, and some are so insular/introverted they're almost autistic - honestly, if you introduced some of them to a real woman, they would sponaneously combust. Their huge brains can't converse in anything but 011000100110100101101110011000010111001001111001

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Vauxhall Thru & Thru View Post
    Their huge brains can't converse in anything but 011000100110100101101110011000010111001001111001
    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who get binary and those who don't...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information