Thread: P1191 - fuel rail pressure sensor circuit low input

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default P1191 - fuel rail pressure sensor circuit low input

The other night my Vectra 2.2 Sri Direct (55 reg) was working fine, then as I was parked up waiting for a mate with the engine off, I started it again and the Spanner light come on, then went off, by this time the car lost power to 3000x revs and took its time to get upto 25mph, by this time too the engine light was on. Flat as anything, been told most Vauxhalls go into limp mode to get you home or to a garage.

Today limped it to a garage, cost £20 to hook it up to the machine & its come back with code ''P1191 - Fuel rail pressure sensor circuit low input''...this was from a back street garage. So took it too lookers Vauxhall, they are going to hook it up tomorrow (£88 + vat) and if the 1st garage was correct going to cost £62.50 + vat for the new sensor + fitting, this sound a right price or time to shop around? Is it easy to fix yourself? Or any recomendations in Merseyside area. thanks.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by L11Marc View Post
    So took it too lookers Vauxhall, they are going to hook it up tomorrow (£88 + vat)...
    They're going to charge you £88 + VAT to hook up the Tech 2 and tell you, possibly, the same fault code as the other place? Is that all they're charging you the £88 + VAT for i.e. to read the fault codes and 'diagnose' the fault? If so, it's expensive and I'd take it elsewhere.

Is the independent guy not able to do the work for you? - if that's what's needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    They're going to charge you £88 + VAT to hook up the Tech 2 and tell you, possibly, the same fault code as the other place? Is that all they're charging you the £88 + VAT for i.e. to read the fault codes and 'diagnose' the fault? If so, it's expensive and I'd take it elsewhere.

Is the independent guy not able to do the work for you? - if that's what's needed.
    Well its a bit complicated, Vauxhalls have told me im best getting it checked with them, obviously their going to say that but my only worry is if i leave the check with Vauxhall's and just order the part from them that when I go back the other garage more parts may be needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

will need a fuel pump and preshure regulator ... do a serch on here sounds like the same problem most the 22directs get at some point in there life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That sounds expensive

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by L11Marc View Post
    Well its a bit complicated, Vauxhalls have told me im best getting it checked with them, obviously their going to say that but my only worry is if i leave the check with Vauxhall's and just order the part from them that when I go back the other garage more parts may be needed.
    Yeah, I can understand that - you'd hope/expect Vx's diagnosis to be correct (although we all know they often aren't! lol) but £88 + VAT for a Tech 2 session (if that's all it is) is gobsmackingly expensive. Have they actually told you what you'll get for the £88 + VAT?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Theyve told me the £88 + VAT is just for diagnosis only. Then £62.50 + VAT for the sensor, then fitting on top of that, watever that will be so roughl£230 inc. VAT all in. But as the above said I need a 'fuel pump' & 'pressure regulator' the independant garage told me I just need a Sensor (part no. 24418424) so I dont no what to do, just try 1 part or fork out £88 for Vauxhall's to do their check...?? suggestions...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

have u got any service history mate? Maybe u could argue that the same job has just been done and its only lasted 2 mins, if u got a receit that is. if not let that garage fit a new fpr (about £80)and if that doesnt fix it you will have to splash out for a fp (£lots£). sounds like the pump to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No service history, only had it since December. Got the diagnosis done today, it needs a new fuel pump which has been ordered, paid the £88 diagnosis fee & the bill for part & fitting is £426 + VAT.

Ive read up on this and apparently its a common problem with the 2.2 Petrol Direct engines. BBC Watchdog done a programme on it in Jan this year.

Thread Information