User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005 54plate signum 1.9 cdti (150)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 2005 54plate signum 1.9 cdti (150)

hi there ive been looking to buy a signum cdti 150 and been to look at this one today. the garage are wanting £4000 for it. it wants the bumper respraying as its quite badly scratched on the side you cant see in the pic (typical), wants a new clutch fitting and a new rear light fitting (cracked and a bit missing). car sounds ok and drives ok other than the clutch wich is on its way out. its in as new condition on the inside. just wondering what you guys think to it and is it worth it. any comments/opinions appreciated

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...leRegLetter=54

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sorry if ive posted in wrong section

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 66000

The advert lists warranty, if the clutch does need replacing, will they do it for you..?

If not, I would leave well alone as there are a few out there, and a bill for over £600 straight away is not the best place to start, could the DMF be failing too..? If so, thats nearer £1000 !!!

EDIT: Just read the advert fully, the noise will be the Dual Mass Flywheel, thats £1000 to fix, walk away mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_BlackSRi View Post
    The advert lists warranty, if the clutch does need replacing, will they do it for you..?

If not, I would leave well alone as there are a few out there, and a bill for over £600 straight away is not the best place to start, could the DMF be failing too..? If so, thats nearer £1000 !!!

EDIT: Just read the advert fully, the noise will be the Dual Mass Flywheel, thats £1000 to fix, walk away mate.

^^^^

What he said...!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Havent a clue about the dmf mate. is that how much a new clutch would be. he told me £200. if he agrees to sort the clutch then i might go back and ask about what the warrenty covers
    Thanks for the fast reply
    Last edited by craig54630; 16th March 2009 at 15:06. Reason: forgot to say thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 66000

Quote Originally Posted by craig54630 View Post
    Havent a clue about the dmf mate. is that how much a new clutch would be. he told me £200. if he agrees to sort the clutch then i might go back and ask about what the warrenty covers
    Thanks for the fast reply
    Thats the price of a clutch only, then there's fitting on top of that, and its a relatively labour extensive job on the CDTi to replace the clutch/DMF's.

The dual mass flywheel is a common failing on the CDTi's - it sounds like a mettalic rattle on idle (sounding worse as you press the clutch pedal) and then it goes when the clutch pedal is fully pressed.

To be honest, from what you have said, the garage doesn't fill me full of confidence, so its best to have a look elsewhere, as a bad CDTi can be very bad and very expensive
    Last edited by Dan_BlackSRi; 16th March 2009 at 15:22. Reason: Correctid Speeling Mistaks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by craig54630 View Post
    the garage are wanting £4000 for it.
    Overpriced IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If it was a cheap fix, the garage would have done it! There's a reason it's being sold without being repaired.

Walk away and don't be seduced by the add-on bits. There's plenty of other Signums around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thats the price of a clutch only, then there's fitting on top of that, and its a relatively labour extensive job on the CDTi to replace the clutch/DMF's.

The dual mass flywheel is a common failing on the CDTi's - it sounds like a mettalic rattle on idle (sounding worse as you press the clutch pedal) and then it goes when the clutch pedal is funny pressed.

To be honest, from what you have said, the garage doesn't fill me full of confidence, so its best to have a look elsewhere, as a bad CDTi can be very bad and very expensive
    thats exactly what noise it was making. he told me it was the bearing in the clutch an it would be fine to run for a few month but needed sorting. me not knowing very much about cars believed him . dont think ill be going back there. thanks alot dan just saved me what could of been a very expensive bad move

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The garage know how much its going to cost and that’s why they have included a warranty. But a car that hasn’t been looked after in the first place would put me right off.

A garage that isn’t honest as well isn’t a good start.

Look for a one owner from new full service history mint condition because some people do look after their cars.

Check the body work and then the interior to seen if its been abused or not looked after. Then check the engine to see if there are mechanics hands prints everywhere or water from overheating etc.

Just a general inspection of a car should give you a few clues as to how its been look after, check the oil to see if its been serviced when you have been told its been serviced.

Check levels of brake fluid water etc to see if its been looked after because later in life can cause problems if it hasn’t.

Tyres are they in good condition? Are the alloys scuffed? Is the steering wheel so shiny you can see your face in it when it says 40.000 on the clock?

Are the brake pedal rubbers worn to nothing? A good inspection will tell you a lot about a car : )

Good look with finding you new car : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information