Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Is It Wrong......

to think the standard chrome V grill & the chrome griffin on the back actually look that bad (on Star Silver car) that everybody actually thinks they have to be changed or be shot for it.

I do think they look good without the griffin badge although a bit bland but when you look at it it does add a bit of detail to the rear.
    As for the grill I don't think Vaux really got it all that wrong, is it just cos all the Irmscher versions available everyone thinks they need to replace the factory fitted one or just be part of the crowd?
    One day I could be the only one with a unique grill eh.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You're not alone Ben. I've uhmmed and aahed about what to do, if anything, with my grille. Got a couple of possible tweaks that other guys have done, but I'm quite happy with the Vx grille - for the moment!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Again it's all down to personal choice Ben, I changed mine because i had fitted the lower splitter and wanted a more "aggressive" look not because i felt i had to. I changed my wheels to 19's because i wanted to and bought a design that i think are unique on this site. I've not removed the rear Griffin (yet) as i don't know whether to or not. It's all down to the individual and how they want to modify their car. Sometimes there are limited items that can actually be fitted, grilles, spoilers etc as there are limited quality suppliers. If people want to go down the "tacky" route thats fine but i think on here the mods done to the majority of the cars are subtle and tasteful.
    Just my opinion, HTH.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caterman
    Again it's all down to personal choice Ben, I changed mine because i had fitted the lower splitter and wanted a more "aggressive" look not because i felt i had to. I changed my wheels to 19's because i wanted to and bought a design that i think are unique on this site. I've not removed the rear Griffin (yet) as i don't know whether to or not. It's all down to the individual and how they want to modify their car. Sometimes there are limited items that can actually be fitted, grilles, spoilers etc as there are limited quality suppliers. If people want to go down the "tacky" route thats fine but i think on here the mods done to the majority of the cars are subtle and tasteful.
    Just my opinion, HTH.
    hear hear tony i could'nt of said it better myself.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2008

Mileage : 31000

have to agree with you tony the vectras and signums look good as standard but i decided to go down the moding route as i have allways done with my cars just to be a bit diffrent

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

nothing wrong with the standard grilleat all. I have just always fancied an irmy grille on my cars and this was the first i have owned that had one avalable. the standard sri one looks good and i have kept the rear badges as well. thats the beuaty of modding each to their own.

I have some ideas for mine that nobody has done yet. all subtle but sadly need to sort the funds first .

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

have to agree with the tone of this tread..It's whatever you want to do..

I just wanted to get as much chromed plastic off the front of the car as possible so no VX grille, siggy surrounds or Irmy badge for me.. I use my car for work so it has to look close to standard..

Mrs Gsi's 2.2 has gone the other way..It's her choice to go 'showy' with the spoiler, wheels and grille.. Next is colour coding the plastic's and clear side repeaters..

there is no 'how to' it's just all a way of expressing personal taste..

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good thread this.

I saw two standard 55 reg SRi Vectras on the way to work this morning and they really caught my eye. They were both absolutely spankingly clean and looked the business.

Modifying a car is purely down to the individual driver, so if you want to keep your car completely standard then you get my thumbs up as I think Vx got it spot on with the design of our cars. The facelift is an improvement still.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Some good sense being shown here in this thread. When I first decided to make some changes to my car, I didn't really want to change the outward appearence as i'm quite happy with the standard styling.

One thing has led to another though and after changing the suspension set up, the car was dropped a good 35-40mm and it just did not look good with the standard steelies on anymore. So they've now gone and been replaced with some alloys which I think look great. Now you can see the brake calipers through the spokes and they are a mess so would like to paint them blue to match the headlight bulbs.

I do think the Orange side repeaters are a bit of an eyesore though, so will be changing them shortly. As the car is no longer a standard LS those badges have to go soon too!

I would like an Irmy grille as I think they look nicer on cars that have been dropped than the standard V grille.

So the mods have kind of evolved with the car in an almost (IMO) natural progression, even though I didn't want to change the looks originally, making some performance mods has kind of led into other changes that seem quite logical to me.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey©
    One thing has led to another though and after changing the suspension set up, the car was dropped a good 35-40mm and it just did not look good with the standard steelies on anymore. So they've now gone and been replaced with some alloys which I think look great. Now you can see the brake calipers through the spokes and they are a mess so would like to paint them blue to match the headlight bulbs.
    lol - it's a slippery slope isn't it!! I bet there's a bunch of us sat here nodding our heads at that paragraph - not that specific mod necessarily, but the progression from doing one mod to another.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information