User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: AAAAAAAAAARrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

  1. #1
    Vec-C Facebook Admin thegoldenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Grimsby, Lincs.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default AAAAAAAAAARrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

    Now my heat shield has come loose the night before the re-MOT!!!

    I hate my car!

    (Edit: swear filter..the message just isn't getting through is it!!)
    Last edited by MLC; 13th March 2009 at 10:53.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Jackvectra18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Winchester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    damn, an easy job to do tho i hope m8, good luck with the mot!

  3. #3
    Vec-C Facebook Admin thegoldenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Grimsby, Lincs.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    it aint gonna pass with that i dont think, unless i can talk him into making it an 'advisory' as its not fully unsecure.

  4. #4
    Regular Member davidlewis24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bridgend / wales
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegoldenbullet View Post
    it aint gonna pass with that i dont think, unless i can talk him into making it an 'advisory' as its not fully unsecure.
    when you say re mot has it allready had one and you have fixed what it failed on ?

  5. #5
    Regular Member Dose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Falkirk/dunfermline/alloa
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    If hes a good gentleman he will secure it for ya

  6. #6
    Vec-C Facebook Admin thegoldenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Grimsby, Lincs.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidlewis24 View Post
    when you say re mot has it allready had one and you have fixed what it failed on ?
    it failed for...

    2 broken springs
    2 rear indicators (werent orange enough)
    1 misaligned side light

    but thats all been sorted now, but the hear shield is hanging on one side

  7. #7
    Regular Member davidlewis24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bridgend / wales
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegoldenbullet View Post
    it failed for...

    2 broken springs
    2 rear indicators (werent orange enough)
    1 misaligned side light

    but thats all been sorted now, but the hear shield is hanging on one side
    im 99% sure if your taking the car back into the same garage within 10 working days for a re-test they only retest what it failed on the first time well thats how my mot station works anyway hope it helps

  8. #8
    Vec-C Facebook Admin thegoldenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Grimsby, Lincs.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidlewis24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoldenbullet View Post
    it failed for...

    2 broken springs
    2 rear indicators (werent orange enough)
    1 misaligned side light

    but thats all been sorted now, but the hear shield is hanging on one side
    im 99% sure if your taking the car back into the same garage within 10 working days for a re-test they only retest what it failed on the first time well thats how my mot station works anyway hope it helps

    yea but its not as if he wont see the heat shield lol

    will wait and see. let you all know tomorrow.

    is it legal to drive the car to the MOT now its been repaired?

  9. #9
    Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder GARY3306's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ashington, Northumberland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegoldenbullet View Post


    yea but its not as if he wont see the heat shield lol

    will wait and see. let you all know tomorrow.

    is it legal to drive the car to the MOT now its been repaired?
    Do you mean the heat shield above the rear silencer? If so then it is only an advisory. It is legal to drive it to a pre-booked MOT so you're OK.
    [SIGPIC]VX<font color=Red>R</font> with added Courtenay <img src=https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.png border=0 alt= title=Big Grin class=inlineimg />

  10. #10
    Vec-C Facebook Admin thegoldenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Grimsby, Lincs.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GARY3306 View Post
    Do you mean the heat shield above the rear silencer? If so then it is only an advisory. It is legal to drive it to a pre-booked MOT so you're OK.
    the heat shield is above the exhaust system, in the middle between front and rear wheels. its hanging on one side, but one of my mates is sorting it on saturday, but i need it to pass tomorrow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •