User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Dual Exhaust for 1.9cdti

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    hinckley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Dual Exhaust for 1.9cdti

    i rang the local stealers for the price for the right hand box, and they quoted me.........£338+vat i rang a couple of local garages and they said that nobody does aftermarket exhaust for vectras, is this true ? the stealers price was for a 2.2 direct, would the 2.0 turbo or 3.0 v6 fit? also where do i get the y piece ?

  2. #2
    Regular Member Big Knox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    think there is a seller on ebay called backboxes that'll do it for you. I think the y-piece comes from vx. There's a how 2 on this.

  3. #3
    Full Member spennny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Blantyre
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knoxvillain View Post
    think there is a seller on ebay called backboxes that'll do it for you. I think the y-piece comes from vx. There's a how 2 on this.
    backboxes on ebay mate

  4. #4
    Regular Member Maverick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I have just checked with my dealer, the 2.2 direct right hand box with sports tailpipe for the SRi retails at £200 + VAT RETAIL.

    The part number is 13156933, the 2.0 Turbo is about £9 more.

    Back in 2006, I paid £177 for my 2.2 direct right hand box, so an increase of £30 over three years is not over the top I suppose.

    Stud Muffin, I see your in Hinckley Leicestershire, if you want, I would be more than happy to get the parts from my dealers as I can get you 20% off retail. SO the box would come in at slightly under £200 INC VAT.

    Regarding the Y peice, you can get this from Irmscher and costs about £120. If you get your dealer to get it from Irmscher you'd be looking at about £170ish.

    Heres the link to my 'How To' for the 1.9 150 SRi conversion.

    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66596
    Last edited by Maverick; 11th March 2009 at 09:27.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    hinckley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I have just checked with my dealer, the 2.2 direct right hand box with sports tailpipe for the SRi retails at £200 + VAT RETAIL.

    The part number is 13156933, the 2.0 Turbo is about £9 more.

    Back in 2006, I paid £177 for my 2.2 direct right hand box, so an increase of £30 over three years is not over the top I suppose.

    Stud Muffin, I see your in Hinckley Leicestershire, if you want, I would be more than happy to get the parts from my dealers as I can get you 20% off retail. SO the box would come in at slightly under £200 INC VAT.

    Regarding the Y peice, you can get this from Irmscher and costs about £120. If you get your dealer to get it from Irmscher you'd be looking at about £170ish.

    Heres the link to my 'How To' for the 1.9 150 SRi conversion.

    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66596
    cheers mate, how much would your local dealers charge to fit all the bits?
    its not to far to leicester from hinckley, so that would not be a problem, you dont have a tel num for irmsher do you ?

  6. #6
    Regular Member scoobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Leicestershire in the sticks!
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I rang Drive Vauxhall at Freemans Park Leicester for the left rear box, quoted £382 plus vat, why are the left and right different prices or do dealers just sit at teabreak playing think of a number?


  7. #7
    Regular Member Maverick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
    I rang Drive Vauxhall at Freemans Park Leicester for the left rear box, quoted £382 plus vat, why are the left and right different prices or do dealers just sit at teabreak playing think of a number?


    The left hand box retails at approx £210, I have check this also, but to do this conversion you use the original left hand box.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Maverick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by studmuffin View Post
    cheers mate, how much would your local dealers charge to fit all the bits?
    its not to far to leicester from hinckley, so that would not be a problem, you dont have a tel num for irmsher do you ?
    PM Sent with the number. Once you have the bits, I know the masterfit department will be happy to fit the parts, if you go through me, the labour won't be too high at all.

  9. #9
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Golf 7

    Trim : GTD

    Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

    Year : 2014

    Mileage : 40000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by studmuffin View Post
    i rang the local stealers for the price for the right hand box, and they quoted me.........£338+vat i rang a couple of local garages and they said that nobody does aftermarket exhaust for vectras, is this true ? the stealers price was for a 2.2 direct, would the 2.0 turbo or 3.0 v6 fit? also where do i get the y piece ?
    I got a Y piece and two VXR replica tail pipes and fitting for £160.

    Gazza4

  10. #10
    Regular Member ANDY W's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    WINSFORD
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    My local Car Accesory shop can get aftermarket o/e spec exhausts and the right hand ones start at the £60-ish mark, I know this as I hyave spoke to him and even seen the Computer Display which shows all the parts of the exhaust system on every Vec-C. The makers are Timax and Walker and he can get the SRI style boxes too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. magnex dual for 1.9cdti?
    By RAMBIRKETT in forum Diesel Engine related
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 29th June 2010, 00:03
  2. Fitting Dual Exhaust on single exhaust 2.2 sri
    By sdnatlst in forum Petrol Engine related
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 1st February 2010, 10:49
  3. 1.9CDTI 120 Dual Mass Flywheel...
    By danBoy in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 6th August 2009, 20:37
  4. Cheap Dual Exhaust on 1.9CDTi?
    By djr69uk in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd April 2009, 20:11

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •