Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default pd tuning vs bsr

i was on pd tunings web site the other day and noticed they did remaps. i had pretty much made my mind up that i was going with bsr but now im not so sure. i phoned pd today and spoke to a crackin fella called david. i let him know that i was already coming to see him on sunday for the north east rr shootout. he gave me all the details of there remaps. their's are done live and in house. they have just done a z20 net last week and it produced 221bhp (going to show me the print out on sunday)Best of all it's only £340 and they are local to me. can anyone think of a reason to still go with bsr? (im not bothered about ever taking the remap off)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would go with pd tuning not saying bsr aint any good but pd tuning is local to you and not a bad price.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    ....they have just done a z20 net last week and it produced 221bhp (going to show me the print out on sunday)
    Not aimed at PD in the slightest - but a general comment. I'd take any RR output with a large pinch of salt if that same place is the one selling the remap.

Again, I'm not implying anything abut PD or all places with their own RR and remapping products, but you have to enter with both eyes open so to speak whoever the company is - and I can't stress enough that I'm not making any comment towards PD as I don't even know them as such, other than they are holding the NE RR meet.

If you're not bothered about removing the map again and the end result drives well - don't get too hung up on peak bhp, as they guy from PD said in another post, it's how it performs/drives through the range. It's certainly a good bit cheaper than BSR as obviously there's no programing unit that you get. Are you able to maybe meet up with the Z20NET owner who had theirs done and go for a spin to see what it's like?

Quote Originally Posted by shippers View Post
    I would go with pd tuning not saying bsr aint any good but pd tuning is local to you and not a bad price.
    The local bit isn't really an issue as with BSR they ship the PPC unit out to you and you do it at your house anyway.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Not aimed at PD in the slightest - but a general comment. I'd take any RR output with a large pinch of salt if that same place is the one selling the remap.

Again, I'm not implying anything abut PD or all places with their own RR and remapping products, but you have to enter with both eyes open so to speak whoever the company is - and I can't stress enough that I'm not making any comment towards PD as I don't even know them as such, other than they are holding the NE RR meet.

If you're not bothered about removing the map again and the end result drives well - don't get too hung up on peak bhp, as they guy from PD said in another post, it's how it performs/drives through the range. It's certainly a good bit cheaper than BSR as obviously there's no programing unit that you get. Are you able to maybe meet up with the Z20NET owner who had theirs done and go for a spin to see what it's like?
    all valid points and i agree with all of them. im not really bothered about peak bhp, its just a reference point to compare them all against each other. im more bothered about how smooth and hard it pulls and how well it drives. what i WAS impressed by was the fact his main conceren was about the quality result he aimed for. his main focus was on getting the engine running "perfectly". that word was used several times

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

How does having a REMAP affect the MOT, servicing and most importantly... Insurance...? I like the idea of BSR remap as obviously it can be removed at the touch of a button. Do you need to have the PPC plugged in all the time? What stops you using the PPC plug in on other cars, is it locked to a individual ECU/Car?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by n_hudson View Post
    How does having a REMAP affect the MOT, servicing and most importantly... Insurance...?
    Doesn't affect servicing as such - other than you should make sure it's getting regualr oil and filter changes. Probably has a slight impact on the MOT emissions from memory so with S1 you may as well revert back to standard for the MOT. On S3, as it can't be removed easily, my car had to be nice and warm to get past the emissions as it was a bit close.

Insurance - you obviously should strictly notify your insurance as you've increased the power of your car. Whether you think they would be able to identify a remap if you had a crash and decide not to tell them is obviously up to you.
    Do you need to have the PPC plugged in all the time?
    No, only when programming.
    What stops you using the PPC plug in on other cars, is it locked to a individual ECU/Car?
    Yes, it's locked to the car the first time you use the PPC with it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

How does having a REMAP affect the MOT, servicing and most importantly... Insurance...? I like the idea of BSR remap as obviously it can be removed at the touch of a button. Do you need to have the PPC plugged in all the time? What stops you using the PPC plug in on other cars, is it locked to a individual ECU/Car?
    yeah, one car only. the insurance goes up (obviously,everyone tells there insurance company ) no effect on servicing or mot (unless they get it well wrong, in which case your emissions could be off.) no, the unit does not remain in the car

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

DUNCAN. that concerns me regarding the emissions. i thought that would not have been a problem. that may be somthing that pushes me back towards bsr i so wish they would bring there prices down to a competitive level

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

'pose it depends what you define as competitive. BSR do all their own R&D (i.e. they actually get the cars and do all the testing and developing to get the maps - not just selling on a larger manufacturers maps) and you also get the PPC unit for programming so if you take the cost of other mapping places i.e. £300+ it's not so bad - I think anyway.

East Scotland Regional Organiser signumboy's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 2.0 Ltr Turbo

Year : 2004

Mileage : 38000

Idid not take my remap off for its MOT and i had no problems but if it did fail its only a matter of 4 mins to take it off and same to put it back on ..so i would not worry about the MOT aspect ..as for reason why to go for BSR i can think of 11 of them and they are all horses ...rolling road 2 weeks ago notched up 231.5 BHP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information