Hi and thanks for reading this.
My 56 plate Vectra Design 1.9 CDTi 150 has in the last day or so developed a fault with the following symptoms:
1) Only during acceleration around 2,000rpm or above when the turbo is kicking in the spanner light comes on (Code P2279) and the turbo is totally inactive. i.e. very flat even if accelator to the floor it will slowly climb in rpm without the turbo kicking in again.
2) After about 10 seconds with the accelerator in an idle postion and the revs dropped to below the turbo range the spanner extinguishes and I'm able to drive it normally again for a short while, and then the turbo appears to stop working and anorther spanner light.
Fault code P2279 is "Intake air sys leak".
I had a previous SRi150 with a spanner light fault code P0400, which was the Intake Manifold, but during that defect above 2-2500rpm the engine still went like sh*t off a shovel, so hopefully I can rule that out?
I've tried the following today unsuccesfully:
1) Check of Air intake system - All satis.
2) Umplugged MAF to see if symptoms persisted - Came up with MAF fault code immediately, so not that.
3) Removed and cleaned the Boost Sensor - Still the same.
4) Removed and cleaned the EGR Valve - Still the same.
It seems to me to be either the Turbo itself or a sensor used by the turbo??
Does anyone else have any thoughts on what it could be, or has anyone else had the same problems? If so, what cured yours?
Cheers for looking,