Thread: Xbox help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Xbox help

i need some help/ advise please guys , my sons consule has gone bannanas , basically we have had the ring of death and sent it back via UPS , you know the drill .
    Any way yesterday a problem has occured in the way of , when he is playing a game the screen goes fuzzy with a purple apperance , tried it on acouple of TV.s around the house just to eliminate the tv but the prob persists , anyone got any ideas ??? im i looking at getting the plastic out and getting a new one as the warranty is now expired, its the lads only thing he has , infact its practically his social life as he has tons of on line friends

Pleaase help

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had the same problem! Its resolved itself now thou. It happened when I got curious and was playing with the settings. What I had to do was turn the xbox on but dont switch the TV on, when you do put it on AV or channel 1 instead of HDMI or what ever you use. Then switch over with the remote to the right channel.

At first the start up screen would be purple, but after doing it this way it went back to the green intro...

HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Does it happen as soon as you start the xbox or after youve been playing for a while?

If it happens after a short time playing a game it could be the GPU(Graphics chip) is over heating.

If it does it from start up then as suggested already look into your settings. How are you connected anyway?

HDMI
    COMPONENT
    VGA
    COMPOSITE
    ADVANCED SCART LEAD

Also this page may help HERE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Had a pretty much the same problem with my old Elite, screen went slightly snowy and made everything look red. The machine gave me 1 red light and an E74 error came on every now n then.

Called the xbox people and the woman said it may be the power pack causing the problem (didn't really believe that) so i called again and had it shipped out.

You should be able to get a power pack on the cheap, and worth a try before you fork out for another machine if you think the problems the same. Also when Microsoft send out another machine to you it comes with another 3 year warranty so check to make sure its still under.

Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    i need some help/ advise please guys , my sons consule has gone bannanas , basically we have had the ring of death and sent it back via UPS , you know the drill .
    Any way yesterday a problem has occured in the way of , when he is playing a game the screen goes fuzzy with a purple apperance , tried it on acouple of TV.s around the house just to eliminate the tv but the prob persists , anyone got any ideas ??? im i looking at getting the plastic out and getting a new one as the warranty is now expired, its the lads only thing he has , infact its practically his social life as he has tons of on line friends

Pleaase help

Steve
    Your get a new 12 months cover when you get the 360 sent back to you, Im on my 3rd, just call the helpline, and they will sort you out mate

have to send my sons 360 back this week aswell

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

it happens after 5 mins or less the unit is not connected to a HD tv its connected via the phono leads going into a scart adapter thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

it happens after 5 mins or less the unit is not connected to a HD tv its connected via the phono leads going into a scart adapter thing
    Im guessing GPU problem but still go HERE and reset display settings. May help and deffinatly wont hurt.

An the yellow/red/white leads are composite. Well the yellow one is.
    Last edited by markone; 7th March 2009 at 22:08.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by markone View Post
    Im guessing GPU problem but still go HERE and reset display settings. May help and deffinatly wont hurt.

An the yellow/red/white leads are composite. Well the yellow one is.
    Just tried that mark and its not done any thing , it worked fine on GTA for approx 4 mins then turned purple again , is that right you get 12 mnts warranty again from when its had aprevious repair, as we sent it away less than 12 months ago

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just tried that mark and its not done any thing , it worked fine on GTA for approx 4 mins then turned purple again , is that right you get 12 mnts warranty again from when its had aprevious repair, as we sent it away less than 12 months ago

Give em a call mate, explain its the second time its gone crazy, and they will sort it out for you, last 360 they sent me, they gave me a free game and £40 in microsoft vouchers too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

anyone got a link to the phone number

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information