On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Loss of power issue after warranty expires and victory for me

Since Nov 08 i have had my 06 CDTI 150 into the stealers 5 times with the loss of power issue and a little bit of smoke.

At the end of Nov i picked my car up on a Fri after being told there were no error codes but they found a perished vacum pipe and they replaced it. 2 miles down the road after collecting car and pulling out at a roundabout and exact same thing again no power. Rang dealers straight back and was told to bring it back on monday.

Collected car monday evening and was told they found another perished vacum pipe which they replaced and upon test drive they noticed the turbo sounded noisey so they replaced a worn exhaust manifold gasket but they said it was still showing no error codes. I asked if they could check the EGR valve and they said it was not that as there was no error code.
    Took car home and drove spot on all sorted........until a few weeks later when i went to work and same lack of power again.

Took it back in Jan due to work commitments and spoke to foreman who took it for a test drive with me, he agreed that it was underpowered and i asked if they could replace the EGR valve, he said as it was not showing any error codes they could not change it under warranty as Vx wouldnt allow it but he would do his best to get it changed. Got a call in the afternoon from him, car all done new EGR valve fitted, collected car all sweet, drove like new again

Last week same problem raised its head again so rang to book it in again, explained what problem was and fbooked in for MOT aswell as they were doing MOT & service for £99. They couldnt book it in until this Monday 02 March as they were busy.
    Took car in Monday got call in the afternoon that it had failed MOT on rear tyres, was half expecting that as they were a little low, couldnt find anything wrong with loss of power as they said it was running fine and no error codes again, said i would collect car and take back next day for re test, quick call to my brother who works at Kwik Fit and tyres done following day.

Returned for re test but in the morning checked on here again and read about the swirl valve issue, pulled engine cover off and bar was still attached but well slack and loads of oil round all 4 seals, went back for re test and showed foreman the swirl valve bar and he agreed that the inlet manifold should be replaced with the revised one, no problems i thought and went for a brew in the dealers while they did re test and confirmed with Vx that they could replace the inlet manifold and swirl actuator as the warranty expired on Sunday but it was an ongoing issue since November and they couldnt book my car in before this time as they were busy.

Answer back from Vx was that as it was out of warranty they would only pay 50% of the total cost of £727.65, even though the dealers had explained it was ongoing since November and told them all the work that they had done, dealers gave me a reference number and contact number to dispute this which i did when i got home. I was told by some plum in what sounded like a foreign call centre that as it was out of warranty that is all they were prepared to offer, i was on the phone with this guy for 40 minutes and he did not seem to grasp the concept that 1, it was an ongoing issue since November, 2, the dealers were not able to book my car in before this Monday and as they dont open on Sundays when the warranty expired it was not my fault and 3, he just kept saying that it was a new fault as it was out of warranty.

I finished call with him and rang dealers back who agreed that the guy was an idiot and didnt grasp the fact it was ongoing since November, they told me that they would ring me back the next day Wednesday 04 March after they had spoken to someone else and explained it all again to them.

Same result only willing to pay 50%, they gave me another persons number to ring and he was adamant that as it was out of warranty that was all they could do, i asked him for the exact time and date my warranty expired to which he replied, Sunday 01 Mar 2009 at midnight, i told him that my car was booked in for 9 hours after the warranty expiration and if it was himself didnt he think it was unfair to be asked to pay half towards the cost of the repair, he said he couldnt comment on that and that was the final offer so i asked to speak to the person who made the decision, he said it was his manager and that i could speak to him but he wouldnt change his mind and put me on hold while he put me through, 5 mins later the same person comes back on phone and says that his manager has now looked at it in a different light and they had 2 options for me.

Option 1, they would pay for the full repair.

Option 2, They would pay 90% of the repair and i pay the remaining 10% and that then the parts replaced would also carry a 12 month warranty (the dealers told me to try to get this deal aswell for the 12 month parts warranty)

So i took option 2 as i am happy to pay £70 for the warranty on the inlet manifold etc just in case

Fearns 1 Vauxhall 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good result and well done for sticking to your guns.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks, seriously considered option one just out of the pure principal that it was an ongoing problem but the peace of mind for 12 months warranty on the parts swung it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
    Good result and well done for sticking to your guns.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Phew!, well done - and definitely worth paying the £70!

As for the Jobsworth the second time (I assume that was UK?) - Jeez!! Nine hours out of warranty and they're going to make you pay 50%!!

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 9-3 Wagon

Trim : Turbo Edition

Engine : TID (1.9 16v)

Year : 2010

Mileage : 137000

Well in mate. Good result...................in the end. Just out of interest which dealer was it, JCT?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Job well done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra gsi

Trim : Full heated leather

Engine : 3200

Year : 2004

very good result, i would of taken option 2 aswell to be on the safe side

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yes second one was in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Phew!, well done - and definitely worth paying the £70!

As for the Jobsworth the second time (I assume that was UK?) - Jeez!! Nine hours out of warranty and they're going to make you pay 50%!!

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yes mate it was.

Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    Well in mate. Good result...................in the end. Just out of interest which dealer was it, JCT?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

good result - as a matter of fact what date did you report the final problem to the dealership?? if it was before the warranty expired i would get the dealership to cover the 10% as its not your fault they couldnt get the vehicle into the site before it expired if they were too busy

most manufacturers will honour warranty faults reported PRIOR to expiry the dealer should have applied for defferred warranty so this is their error and not yours!!
    still think you should'nt be paying anything

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information