User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It was only a matter of time - the How Much Is It Worth Section has now been closed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cant the subject be made a poll and anyone wanting to reply can only give a bracketed value £8 - £10 for example???????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Would that stop the, "first dibs" PMs though J?
    Last edited by Stevel; 4th March 2009 at 23:46.

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 9-3 Wagon

Trim : Turbo Edition

Engine : TID (1.9 16v)

Year : 2010

Mileage : 137000

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    I note you have been a member of the forum since it's early days so you will have seen this type of thing develop. However unless one reads every 'sticky' & I didn't know what this was prior to joining plus try a few things mistakes can & will happen. I feel a welcome/introduction as was discussed & is in the pipeline could help to reduce this type of issue in the future. ...
    Fair point mate, as the newer guys wont have seen the introduction of the HMIIW or the slagging of prices by thread viewers that sellers used to get, shans alloys spring to mind. Newer members would of then seen why the HMIIW section was then needed and what it was for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vec c

Trim : sri

Engine : 150 cdti

Year : 55

Mileage : 108000

shame though I liked reading them...so can I have first dibs on the hmiiw thread then lol

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

At the end of the day, there is no ideal solution which keeps everyone happy. With 13,000 members, you'll always get people who haven't read the rules, or can't resist telling someone it's overpriced etc...

So, it's entirely up to the Admin how they want to run it and which way forward they think is best for the forum as a whole and to enable us to still buy and sell stuff. if you don't like it, you know where the 'x' is...

As that video told us, it's their forum and they can do whatever the f*ck they like with it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i must admit i liked reading that section, and it's a shame it's gone. one thing though - will this not just encourage threads in 'general' of "what are my wheels worth?" etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I for one won't miss it, hopefully the e-bay section will go too as people keep id'ing the items I am after and its costing me a fortune

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    Fair point mate, as the newer guys wont have seen the introduction of the HMIIW or the slagging of prices by thread viewers that sellers used to get, shans alloys spring to mind. Newer members would of then seen why the HMIIW section was then needed and what it was for.
    True, but there's been a sticky at the top of each of the For Sale sections for over a year now that explains exactly what the section was for and what was/wasn't acceptable. We can only post the rules/changes in so many places without ramming them down people's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold101 View Post
    At the end of the day, there is no ideal solution which keeps everyone happy. With 13,000 members, you'll always get people who haven't read the rules, or can't resist telling someone it's overpriced etc...
    Indeed.
    So, it's entirely up to the Admin how they want to run it and which way forward they think is best for the forum as a whole and to enable us to still buy and sell stuff. if you don't like it, you know where the 'x' is...
    ..and the decisions we ultimately make are simply what we think will make the forum run as smoothly as possible without dumpoing extra unnecessary work on the Mods. As you say, the option to Buy and Sell is still there - all we've done is added a section to see how it ran, left it for over a year to see how it progressed and then removed it when it became apparent that some issues were occurring.
    As that video told us, it's their forum and they can do whatever the f*ck they like with it...
    lol, that is a funny video - the link's been posted on here before hasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by mark_w View Post
    one thing though - will this not just encourage threads in 'general' of "what are my wheels worth?" etc
    No, as it'll be made clear that they cant be posted and will be removed. The whole reason that we added the HMIIW section was because of that, and people using it as a sneaky way to highlight that they had things for sale when they didn't have the FS section privileges. But with the removal of that section then threads like that will simply be removed. People will have to simply do their research from the multitude of past FS threads on here and things like completed listings on eBay.

Saying that, we're always open to suggestions of the best solution if people think there is a better way than closing the HMIIW section - as long as it's not one that involves extra/continuous work by the Mods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Guilty also people.
    I have done this too.
    But as said before if its something you wanted or looking for its normal to throw money at it.
    The section is best closed and do what I did with my GSi Wheels.

£500 and then lower with interest from buyers?

Thats ok isnt it?

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sig View Post
    I for one won't miss it, hopefully the e-bay section will go too as people keep id'ing the items I am after and its costing me a fortune
    Quote Originally Posted by andymagee1982 View Post
    Guilty also people.
    I have done this too.
    But as said before if its something you wanted or looking for its normal to throw money at it.
    The section is best closed and do what I did with my GSi Wheels.

£500 and then lower with interest from buyers?

Thats ok isnt it?
    I have to agree with the last comment that in the end perhaps it's best sorted this way. I have used ebay for some years & with their recent changes the fun has certainly gone knowing how someone bids etc. The way I see it has been said, put something up for sale if it’s to highly priced then drop it or remove it & stick on ebay. I am glad we can have this discussion enabling the Admin to know our thoughts. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information