Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Cameron43

As you've had the Insignia for a while now what are your impressions of it versus the Vectra?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

I saw one today, for the first time.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Had a look round a 2.0T elite at the dealers whilst having the handbrake recall done. Like the look of it, will wait until the 2.8T elites filter through as ex demo \ vauxhall owned then pick one up between 6 and 12 months old probably in about 18 months time.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Its a totally different car altogether, mines only the exlusiv nav version, but we both like it. took a bit of getting used to the electric handbrake, but now like it having got used to it. It feels better built than my Vec-c in that doors/boot sound quality when you close them, also like the larger size standard wheels. As mentioned previously the rear column's could have been a bit thinner and more glass at the rear would have been nice, but not a problem parking, I ordered the parking sensors so they make it a doddle anyway, expensive though, I think they were around £370 just for the parking sensors. I like the bigger dash display, as on the vec mine was just the small one, which does not even have computer fuel readouts etc. Electric operated seats are nice, but IMO just more to go wrong..lol

I dont like the blandish large door panels, I fear they would show up every little mark or slight ding, but as I park mainly in disabled bays with extra width hopefully that wont happen, though I've already picked up a couple of nasty chips on front end, which I had fixed by Chipaway, I was not happy.

I think the engine is a little quieter than the 150 in my vec, though TBH I dont notice much difference if any in accelleration. Stating the obvious, it does feel a much more modern drive. Rides a touch firmer but smoother IYNWIM. I took it over to France for a few weeks and you would not believe the number of people we saw peering inside it.
    Mine actually broke down the day after I received it, and had to call out VX assist who supplied a courtesy car, it just stopped dead on the motorway, no limp mode.. nothing..lol. something to do with a computer module plug, fixed quickly though, and its been fine since.

My eldest son has borrowed it for a week while he gets his Merc 320 repaired, someone smashed into the rear of his. He quite likes it, but keeps saying 'shame about the badge'... snob. A few people have said there's less rear leg space but it looks about the same to me. At least there seems more room to get your hands in to change bulbs. I shall have to do Duncans trick again as headlights seem a touch low, but are much brighter than the standard one's in my vec-c. Conclusion.. a lot of car for the money... would I buy again. yes but not new if there had been plenty of used versions knocking round I'd have saved a little money, but then again your can't take it with you.
    Last edited by 67688c; 3rd March 2009 at 14:23.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra gsi

Trim : Full heated leather

Engine : 3200

Year : 2004

i have seen a couple on the roads now, they look nice in black

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks, nothing there to put me off, will have another look in the dealers next week when the GSi is being serviced.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by big rich View Post
    i have seen a couple on the roads now, they look nice in black
    Saw a white one on the M5/M6 Junc the other day an that looked nice as well

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by MalcGSI View Post
    Thanks, nothing there to put me off, will have another look in the dealers next week when the GSi is being serviced.
    Go for it, I'm sure you wont be disapointed, especially if you like a few toys in the car, though upper models will have even more.
    One thing is sure, I have never had a car gets so much interest when parked up since I owned my little Westfield.lol

I've only seen a few on the road myself, my wife keeps looking for others, I know there's a recession, but I'm amazed at how few are on the roads, make you feel a bit Exclusiv..... excuse pun. I certainly hope they sell loads of them for obvious reasons.

BTW someone posted that there was quite a waiting time to get one, mine took under 4 weeks from time of order, and someone I know had hers in about 10 days, that was from Bicknals, in Worcester.

Thread Information