Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Strange Security Guard.

Here goes. Went out tonight with a couple of friends to get some photos of our cars in the multistory we use now and again. Arrived at around 10.30 and went up to the third floor. Was one other car on the level so we parked up, started shooting, moved cars, shot again, so on and so on.

We must have been there 30 mins when a security guard appears. He walks over and asks what we are doing (it was pretty obvious; 2 out of our party of 3 had a camera in there hand.) He says we need a permit to take photographs and they can only be obtained inside. This was repeated about 3 times. He then asks again what we were doing and radios through to "control" on his bluetooth headset.

Seems control couldnt find us on the camera despite him walking around for about 5 minutes and to be honest I am sure there were no cameras around. He then tells them he has encountered us before (he hadn't) an that we were photographing our cars. He was stood about 10 feet away from us so we heard the whole conversation from his side. Then, with not another single word, he wandered off.

We all just looked at each other and burst out laughing. Was so strange but did keep us entertained for a while as he tried to explain himself unsuccessfully.

Anyone else had strange encounters with Security Guards or anyone else for that matter?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra gsi

Trim : Full heated leather

Engine : 3200

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by bordercontrol View Post
    Here goes. Went out tonight with a couple of friends to get some photos of our cars in the multistory we use now and again. Arrived at around 10.30 and went up to the third floor. Was one other car on the level so we parked up, started shooting, moved cars, shot again, so on and so on.

We must have been there 30 mins when a security guard appears. He walks over and asks what we are doing (it was pretty obvious; 2 out of our party of 3 had a camera in there hand.) He says we need a permit to take photographs and they can only be obtained inside. This was repeated about 3 times. He then asks again what we were doing and radios through to "control" on his bluetooth headset.

Seems control couldnt find us on the camera despite him walking around for about 5 minutes and to be honest I am sure there were no cameras around. He then tells them he has encountered us before (he hadn't) an that we were photographing our cars. He was stood about 10 feet away from us so we heard the whole conversation from his side. Then, with not another single word, he wandered off.

We all just looked at each other and burst out laughing. Was so strange but did keep us entertained for a while as he tried to explain himself unsuccessfully.

Anyone else had strange encounters with Security Guards or anyone else for that matter?

one word.....JOBSWORTH!!!

LOL

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

I had a few small encounter with them too.

My daughter was roller blading on a completely emtpy car park on a Sunday afternoon (the carpark was very smooth and flat, so made perfect blading surface)

This security wanders over and asks us what we're doing (not obvious ?? ?? ??) and asks us to leave. I asked him what harm it was doing letting my 7 year old skate, as the car park was completely unused other wise. His answer was that if he let us do it, there would be hoards of kids coming over and doing it (there wasn't a single other person in sight anywhere).

I told him he was a jobs worth, and shortly later we moved to somewhere else, where he had no 'jurisdiction'.

Another time, I was sat in the car waiting for the wife while she went into a shop. A security guard came over and asked me to move off the loading dock (there was no vehicles either on the dock or waiting to get on, or actually on route to it as it transpired)

I asked what harm I was doing (ie none at all), but she was adamant I had to move. So I moved to the bottom of the access ramp (again they asked me to move) so I moved to the public road at the top and sat there effectively completely blocking the ramp access. What was my point? - that there was no difference if I parked on tha dock at all - it would have ZERO impact to anyone / anything else.

Sometimes, people simply cannot see past their face, and can apply no logic to what they are saying.

I am all for rules etc, but why enforce them if there is literally no impact to breaking them, and makes it more convenient for me / wife / others?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bordercontrol View Post

His Imaginary colleauge Probably said "leave it out you T**T"

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra gsi