User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Impressed with the MPG

  1. #1
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plymouth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Impressed with the MPG

    Well i filled up in Bath On Thursday... Travelled 230 Miles to Peterborough, done around 220 miles ragging about up here.

    Just topped up and worked out ive done 48MPG overall....

    Im pretty impressed.....

    Now how can i get MORE MPG without altering my driving style ??????

  2. #2
    Regular Member Penfold101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Oh stop being such a greedy person and accept that driving does actually cost money....

  3. #3
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plymouth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penfold101 View Post
    Oh stop being such a greedy person and accept that driving does actually cost money....

    Its not me honest.... its her.... she takes all my money and demands i make mine run further...


  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sheffield
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Best i've had out of my 2.0DTI was 49mpg, that was on a trip to Scotland and back. My normal driving (max 15mile trips) gives me 44-46 depending on how heavy i am with the right foot.

    The tyres are new Dunlop Sport SP01's, inflated to 35 front 34 rear, so no gains there!

    I've been using Millers Sport additive, but i don't think its helped the economy (not hurt it either). The car definately drinks supermarket fuel faster than branded stuff (smokier too).

    I'm happy with the economy, a tank lasts me 3 weeks, which is much better than my Civic used to be.

  5. #5
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plymouth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin177 View Post
    Best i've had out of my 2.0DTI was 49mpg, that was on a trip to Scotland and back. My normal driving (max 15mile trips) gives me 44-46 depending on how heavy i am with the right foot.

    The tyres are new Dunlop Sport SP01's, inflated to 35 front 34 rear, so no gains there!

    I've been using Millers Sport additive, but i don't think its helped the economy (not hurt it either). The car definately drinks supermarket fuel faster than branded stuff (smokier too).

    I'm happy with the economy, a tank lasts me 3 weeks, which is much better than my Civic used to be.

    Ive come from a civic too... a 1.4 Y Plate.. that was pretty impressive on fuel too at low 40Mpg ish.

    Im currently at 34 on the front and 43 psi on the rear as im fully loaded..
    I will be filling up when i get home 2moro and will be running down on cruise control only... I will let u know what the MPG is at the end of the day

  6. #6
    Regular Member Avenged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    am currently driving to and from Bootle to wakefield everday this week and am getting roughly 44/45mpg.. which is pretty crap for a 1.9 cdti.. then again it is an auto!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sheffield
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diet1985 View Post
    Ive come from a civic too... a 1.4 Y Plate.. that was pretty impressive on fuel too at low 40Mpg ish.

    Im currently at 34 on the front and 43 psi on the rear as im fully loaded..
    I will be filling up when i get home 2moro and will be running down on cruise control only... I will let u know what the MPG is at the end of the day
    I had a 1.6SE, it did 35mpg no matter how you drove it, but the small tank meant 350miles absolute max (usually 320 before the light came on). I do miss it coming on the cam at 5200RPM though

    500 miles is a breaze for the Vectra though, even if its a slower less revvy afair

  8. #8
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plymouth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged View Post
    am currently driving to and from Bootle to wakefield everday this week and am getting roughly 44/45mpg.. which is pretty crap for a 1.9 cdti.. then again it is an auto!

    Bootle Bootle..... why do i know that name and why do i hate it when it comes to being paid my wages etc!!

    I cant remember what job it was linked too...

    Hm Forces or My Current HM job

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ipswich
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    hi mine will do 535 miles at 53 mpg to the place in scotland we stay i only cruise at 60-65 on cruise and have quater tank left

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ipswich
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    mines a 1.9cdti150 auto

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. well impressed
    By DAVIDD88 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th October 2012, 19:16
  2. I'm impressed.
    By MickAP in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25th June 2012, 10:01
  3. really not impressed
    By marktaylor in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 29th March 2010, 19:00
  4. WOW, I'm impressed........
    By gibbon7000 in forum Detailing and Car Care Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 30th March 2009, 20:52
  5. Not impressed
    By parsco in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23rd February 2009, 21:10

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •