Thread: Display Options for Billing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Display Options for Billing

Only 3 months away and possibly the premier vauxhall event of the year. Totally different kind of show to PVS. Theres no drag racing. Theres no half naked women, and Modern cars are equalled by Historic and classics. What you do get is 2 days of relaxing, amongst a sea of fellow enthusiats with every type of vauxhall/opel you can think of. Most of the day is spent wandering around chatting to other enthusiasts, admiring their cars, supping a warm lager in baking hot sun, eating ice creams, and wondering how youre not going to burn the BBQ tonight. Thenight time is spent chilling with your friends around a collection of lamps/garden candles, with now cold stella, and generally realising why you are in a car club.

As most are aware, in order to have a display we need to be VBOA members, something we wont be acheiving this year. However, the VVOC are members, and Malc has offered us a special deal. For a greatly discounted 7 day membership, he will let us join the VVOC display at the show. We wont be allowed vec C banners etc as we will be effectively representing VVOC for the weekend. What yo do get is to officially display your car.

If members want to go this route, i will contact Malc and get more details.

The other option is to be more casual about it and just turn up, not as a club, but as a group of friends and camp together in one of the public areas and enjoy the show as a spectator. You can show off you car, unoffically, as the show boundarys are somewhat invisible but its not an official display.

Lets have some feedback

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm hoping to make this one. I don't think it matters where we are, as long as we're all together eating lots of steak!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im hopefully goin to be at this one.
    same as MLC i dont think it really matters where we r.
    and as stated in the original post, there are no real boundries to the show, so even if we 'unofficially' show in the next field/area there will be just as many people lookin at the cars.

carl

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well, with all due respect to Malc, and I appreciate his kind offer, I would prefer the other option.

The other option is to be more casual about it and just turn up, not as a club, but as a group of friends and camp together in one of the public areas and enjoy the show as a spectator. You can show off you car, unoffically, as the show boundarys are somewhat invisible but its not an official display.
    If we put the effort in to turn up early enough, and not leave it till the last minute we would get an excellent plot.
    I am however quite happy to go with the flow of what everybody else wants to do.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Out of those two options I'd be inclined to go for the casual approach on the fringes of the official displays. At least then we can put Vec-C flyers all over our cars and not worry about upsetting anyone on VVOC, especially when their members realise who we are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would go for option 2. Any other show i would go for option 1 as the boundaries / access is fairly well defined, but a Billing it really doesnt matter so long as you are close to the show. It would be better to have our own stand where we can put out flyers and show off the banner(s?).

On the other hand it might be nice meet members of other clubs as being part of their stand. The only thing is how their premium members feel with us having a special 7 day membership when in all honesty, Biling is the reason they pay in the first place - we may not be that well received

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm a premium member of VVOC, and I wouldn't mind a load of Vec C's on the stand, but I am biased.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i'm easy guys ... whatever you want to do it could get awkward if we display with the vvoc guys if we all bunch together ... it'll be them and us .. just like always !!

Watch the truck pull on youtube --http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjGfVxXov1E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im in favour of option 2 as we are all mates on here and it will be good to relax with everyone, old and new faces. Im just hoping we wont upset anyone at the VBOA if we end up with a cracking display of cars and our banner on display. Then again, if we are in a public camping area, we are not breaking any rules.... are we?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well I don't think for a second we would really have any probs with the VVOC lot.
    As for upsetting the VBOA, well I wouldn't worry to much, it's easily done and they'll get over it.
    But they are quite used to groups of m8's camping together very near to their show.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information