Thread: S-Type Review with Pics

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default S-Type Review with Pics

I've now had the S-Type for a little over 3 weeks and have just managed to get the private plates fitted:

Compared to any of my previous company cars I've had previously (Vectra SRi, Alfa159, Siggy, Honda Accord etc.) the Jaguar is by far the most comfortable. In SE trim, the heated, electric seats are more like armchairs and the car glides along like it's sitting on a cushion of air.

That's not to say that the performance is lacking. It's only the basic 2.5 V6 petrol but it's still got 201 BHP. With the sport button pressed and car will certainly shift and it makes a nice aggressive growl when pushed.

Handling is decent, although it tends to get into a four wheel drift if pushed hard on roundabouts!

Equipment is very generous with electric windows, electric folding mirrors, dual-zone climate control, heated windscreen, memory on the seats and even the steering wheel adjustment is electric!

The interior feels like a very special place to be, with all the leather and real wood veneer. There's no rattles and passengers seem to be very well insulated from outside noise when on the move. Space is ample and there's plenty of headroom for the front seat passengers if you make use of the electric adjustment of the seat height! I am 6 foot and I didnt have an issue with the rear seat space either. The boot is shallow but very long; my golf clubs fitted length-ways!

Efficiency is not the reason for buying a Jaguar and I am averaging about 26 to the gallon at the moment. That does include a lot of town driving though.

So, all in all I am delighted with my Jaguar purchase. It's a shame to be more permanently away from Vectras, as I have had about 7 of them as company cars in the last few years. Maybe I'll get chance to try out an Insignia sometime in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

very nice mate, always had a soft spot for jags since i was a kid, i would love an s type but was wondering if there is more room in the back for the kids then in the veccy
    at the moment any car seems to be within reach financially, the @rse has dropped out of the 2nd hand market
    bargains for everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Glad yor enjoying it, I've always liked the look of the s-type myself

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Looks nice,i'd like to drive one and see how good they are,great write up Matt,thanks........

Thread Information