User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beaming new owner of 52 reg 3.2 GSi....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up Beaming new owner of 52 reg 3.2 GSi....

Hi Fellas,
    Just come accross this site, so I'm introducing myself as a new owner of this awesome vehicle, a 3.2 GSi hatch.
    Having had it for a day I am well impressed. I drove it from wrexham, nth wales on a dual carriageway and was initially a little reserved, sticking to an average of 75 - by the time I got home I was averaging just under 35 - very good!
    I am taken aback by the torquiness of this motor, I hardly came out of 4th / 5th and just the slightest blip on the throttle kept me going. Nice capacious boot, unmarked interior just a shame I decided to pop into the Tesco car wash on the way home to get the bird crap off and to make it look nice for Mrs T....when I got home my roof looked a pale shade of pink. What a crappy car wash and a crappy lesson to learn there....cannot prove it was the carwash but when I picked it up it was gleaming!!! Help?? any ideas?

The mid range pick up is incredible, not condoning speed I saw myself inadvertedly being sucked into well over a ton on a bypass....the engine note for me is refined with hardly any engine noise.

As a new user, I thought i'd mention a couple of issues already, just in case anyone can give me any advice as a Vauxhall newbie maybe??

1) Slightwobble between 80 - 100 at full throttle.? Nothing major, but same happens at decceleration - balancing issue?
    2) Road (not engine) noise - addmittedly the tyres only have a few months left on them if that - would that account for enhanced road noise?
    3) Awfull radio reception with factory fitted unit.!!!
    4) My heart sank when all of a sudden earlier on the car was making a scraping noise and squeal from behind when going slowly around the tight bends of a hospital car park....drove for 20 miles afterwards and only happened once for about 5 seconds thereafter....any ideas?
    5) Is it possible to fit factory sat nav into mine without changing factory stereo?

Any suggestions appreciated as are pm's or links to suppliers with keenly priced parts. I want to keep up the good s/h on this lovely 60k example, but will not pay dealer servicing costs.

This set me back 2750 with more or less full s/h and 60k on clock with new front pads/ discs and a whole shed load of other stuff just done to front bushes etc...was it an ok price?

I look forward to a happy time with this car and to (hopefully) putting my newborn in it tommorrow (as it makes equally a cracking family car with a capacious boot...) but just got on a real downer after washing it at the ****** Tesco car wash.....any thought on this little problem?

Any thoughts on anything gimme a shout, I look forward to interacting with one and all in the future....good site and keep it up.

Eurwyn

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Where is the pictures. Enjoy the site. I like your taste in cars!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'll get some done soon...embarrased at the lack of lustre on my redhead compared to yours.......
    Surely an auto wash can't do that much damage and it should polish out?????...any products you could reccomend as I fear the bloomin thing may have caused real damage...everytime I look at the roof it gets paler!!!!

But wow, I am pleasantly surprised. I had a 280 horse scooby forester a couple of years ago and that was rapid, but this is just the epitome of refinement and 'Q' Kudos all in one with 10 mpg extra to boot.....

The growl on this thing is awesome, I was in town earlier and all I did was give the throttle a twink and there were all kinds of chavish heads looking and admiring!

Red is a great color for these cars, but any help in hetting it back into the proper shade of red would be great!!

Cheers,
    Eurwyn2175

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra gsi

Trim : Full heated leather

Engine : 3200

Year : 2004

pics please, sounds like a nice motor you got your self

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i have just bought a gsi in silver lightning and have similar problem with stereo have to manually tune in my local radio stations. With regard to your roof problem, red paint is a ****** for sunlight damage. I would recommend getting a bodyshop or really good car valeter to polish the car with g3 compound this will take off a very thin layer of paint leaving brand new looking paint and totally get rid of swirl marks. And afterwards get a few coats of really good wax. I was going to try this myself by practicing on a salvaged bonnet but if you don't know how to use g3 it WILL burn through your paintwork.

If your tyres don't have much left on them that could be causing your wheel wobble. When you get new tyres use the alternative size, i think its 225, 45 r17 rather than 215, 50 r17. It works out about £50 cheaper a corner for decent tyres.
    Last edited by big_dave; 19th February 2009 at 04:12. Reason: added text

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Sri

Engine : 140 Ecoflex S/S

Year : 2013

Kin ell Eurwyn - my late 02 GSi cost me £6k with 57k miles on the clock in December 2007.

So yes, a very good price for yours. You couldn't have bought at a better time.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi ya and welcome,

I would say the wobble is a balance related issue but as your tyres are almost out its prob not worth spending £30 -£40 getting them all tracked and balanced as your going to have to put new rubber on anyway.

Road noise may again be tyre related.

You can fit factory sat nav but I think you will find it comes "paired" with the head unit. This also needs to be "tech2'd" in and out so it all works properly.

Not sure on the scrapping at the rear.... get a free brake check at Kwik Fit

Jon

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate