Thread: car with spanner through on dash

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default car with spanner through on dash

can any one tell me why when driving on motorways or for along time that this light comes on and i go into emergency mode i have to stop to re-set the light and eveything is ok i drive a2.2dti sri vectra i take it back to vauxhall and the re -set the computer but the problem still comes back many thnks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

If it is throwing a fault up on the ECU that they are resetting then they should know what error code it is giving so should be able to sort it out?
    Take it back and get them to sort it once and for all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caterman
    If it is throwing a fault up on the ECU that they are resetting then they should know what error code it is giving so should be able to sort it out?
    Take it back and get them to sort it once and for all!
    I wish!!

Had this a few times, VX dealer just shrugs, originally they said it needs a new turbo, then they changed their minds and decided a software upgrade was needed. In all fairness though, since then it hasn't played up once.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

In my experience this feature is very tempremental. If there's the slightest fault or chink in the armour it activates Limp Home Mode. Maybe the software upgrade has fixed it though matey.

The dealer should of read the fault codes stored in the ECU and determined from there what the fault was. I been told that it can store more than just faults, it has a record of driving style, missed gears etc (but I'm not sure about that, as it would need to be a 200gb hard drive for mine )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had this fault on ny 2.2dti only happened when you were on a long trip on motorways,when you went to overtake someone the light came on and the lack of power,like you say switch ignition off then back on and all ok,everytime car went into dealer for the fault,there was no trace had to have the fault on the car to find it(even took photos on my phone to prove it was comming on as they started to disbelive me!!!)managed to limp the car to the dealers and got them to check it with fault and turned out to be the cimm (ecu at steering wheel area)
    make sure if and when they find and sort the fault that they reprogramme the car as mine played up as the rest of the car was not on the latest updates unlike the new cimm unit
    sorry to go on but may well help you out!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default spanner light

many thnks to all for your help it seems im not the only one with this trouble its going to vx tommorow for a full service so hopefully they will find fault and rectify it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default hmm

my 53 plate sri dti 2.2 has just thrown up a spanner light now today on long journey, about to overtake in 4th, went into limp mode!! any1 know how to read the codes yourself, i switched off then on and no probs for a further 25mile then same again!! then switch of n on !! sorted!! arrived at parents house, left car siting for few hours, then took journey home tonight, no problem at all coming home!! dont have much faith in local vx garage, may just go to local mechanic, if i dont get any suggestions on here, if i remember i was able to read the codes on my 99 vectra di ls few years back, by using a wire to connect to 2 pins on the diagnostic plug!! i think at the time it flashed up on the dash or something and i counted flashes to get codes!! anyone know a means of doing same thing to my 03 sri dti cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Smile spanner light

well after comming back of holidays guess what the spanner light comes on and this time black smoke comes blowing out the back of the exhaust this happened only once ,but guess what in the space of 20 miles light comes on 3 times but no smoke so i booked it in to local vx dealer in star park birmingham told them the fault and good as gold they have found the fault and replaced the turbo charger in my car, which is a2.2tdi sri and im more than pleased they have found a fault and rectyfied it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good news

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by coogsyrsv
    my 53 plate sri dti 2.2 has just thrown up a spanner light now today on long journey, about to overtake in 4th, went into limp mode!! any1 know how to read the codes yourself, i switched off then on and no probs for a further 25mile then same again!! then switch of n on !! sorted!! arrived at parents house, left car siting for few hours, then took journey home tonight, no problem at all coming home!! dont have much faith in local vx garage, may just go to local mechanic, if i dont get any suggestions on here, if i remember i was able to read the codes on my 99 vectra di ls few years back, by using a wire to connect to 2 pins on the diagnostic plug!! i think at the time it flashed up on the dash or something and i counted flashes to get codes!! anyone know a means of doing same thing to my 03 sri dti cheers

The 'paperclip' code reader doesn't work on the C's..It's off to a tech2 machine for you..

Thread Information