User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving MUCH under the speed limmit?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Driving MUCH under the speed limmit?

Hi All

Is it just me who gets a bit infuriated by drivers who drive 10mph under the speed limmit? Only when on single carrigways mind you. Dont mind people taking their time, when its a dual carrigway I dont mind. I DONT SPEED, I do 30mph on the nose in a 30 zone, and 40 on the nose in a 40 and 70 on the motorway. I dont like speeders, but its these drivers who do 40 in a nataional speed limmit zone and then when it drops to 30mph zone for example, there still doing 40! like they have no clue whatsoever!!!!!

Do we think that the speed limmit should be the speed you drive at?

whats an acceptable amount to drive under the speed limmit before its considered inconsiderate?

Thoughts and opinions?

spoons

Hmmm... what infuriates me more is those that do 50mph everywhere !!

In the countryside, so many people drive at 40 or 50 and stay at that speed regardless... becoming a nuisance on the open roads, and a danger through villages...

Now that upsets me

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by s0501291 View Post
    Hi All

Is it just me who gets a bit infuriated by drivers who drive 10mph under the speed limmit? Only when on single carrigways mind you. Dont mind people taking their time, when its a dual carrigway I dont mind. I DONT SPEED, I do 30mph on the nose in a 30 zone, and 40 on the nose in a 40 and 70 on the motorway. I dont like speeders, but its these drivers who do 40 in a nataional speed limmit zone and then when it drops to 30mph zone for example, there still doing 40! like they have no clue whatsoever!!!!!

Do we think that the speed limmit should be the speed you drive at?

whats an acceptable amount to drive under the speed limmit before its considered inconsiderate?

Thoughts and opinions?
    The conditions and safety aspect would be the main factor, but in a 30mph I tend to keep to around 28-30mph and 37 to 40 in the 40mph area's. In 60mph area's then again it would depend on many factors, road, and weather conditions etc. but in the 60mph area's I would not necessarilly be driving at the max speed allowed, but probably between 50 and 60mph, if it were a good safe road then yes it would be close to 60mph if I considered it safe to do so.

On motorways at 70mph I would usually set the cruise control at 70mph, as long as it was safe to do so.

I woulld not have any issues or feel any frustration whatsoever with anyone who wished to drive at say 30 in a 40 limit etc. it wouldn't bother me at all. Drivers who do have major behavourial issues with someone driving a little slower than they are, especially if it affects their driving, really need to seek urgent medical help.
    I would however have issues with anyone who think the law does not apply to them, and exceed the speed limits.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for anyone caught exceeding the limit! IMO the sentences are far too lenient!
    Last edited by oldgit21; 13th February 2009 at 01:58.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

You should drive at a speed that is safe for the current conditions, and not blindly 30 on the nose in a 30 and 40 on the nose in a 40 limit. I would not call that particularly intelligent driving, as people who do that are simply sticking to some arbritary number that is almost meaningless and without understanding why (yes it's the law, and I do not condone 'speeding')

Sometimes 30 mph in a 30 is WAY too fast, and conversely sometimes 70mph on an open motorway in good visability etc may be exceeded safely (not considering law just here)

It's not about driving to the limit, it's about driving safely.

And for the record, people who drive very much below the posted limit, without good reason get on my nerves. The one thing I will never be able to recover in my life is lost time. And I am not mentally deficient or have behavioural issues either - just a normal person with things to do.
    People who drive well below the limit without reason out on the open roads are a danger to other road users, as other people get bored / fustrated and 'take a chance' that they otherwise wouldn't just to get past them - sometimes with disastrous results.

Just remember, slow does NOT necessarily mean safe.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

40mph everywhere? we (my friends/family) call them "average speed drivers".
    They're also the one's that hog the middle lane on the motorway.

You over take the sods in national speed limits and when you hit a 30 they're tailgating you with a big grin on their face that say's "didn't get you very far, did it?".

You can spot them a mile away, it'll be a Rover/Honda, a Toyota Yaris/Suzuki Rwagon, etc etc.

Slow driving (indirectly) causes accidents!!!!

There have been fatal accidents along the A449 kidderminster/wolvs road, ALL caused by people becoming frustrated with slow drivers. Not helped by the addition of speed limits on all the dual carriageways. I hope the people who caused the accidents have trouble sleeping at night for what they have done! but instead I fear, they probably brush it of ignorantly insisting they did nothing wrong!

If I get to the point where my driving causes an obstruction to other road users i'll rip my license up.
    Oh and OAP's should have to completely retake their driving test (including the theory test) not just pass a simple medical.
    Last edited by Birchy63; 13th February 2009 at 11:38.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit21 View Post
    The conditions and safety aspect would be the main factor, but in a 30mph I tend to keep to around 28-30mph and 37 to 40 in the 40mph area's.
    There is no point in keeping a few mph under 30 as the actual speed you will be driving any way will be around 26 27 as the speedo is not spot on in accuracy.

so if your doing 27 in a 30 your more likely to be doing 24 wich is taking the p1ss in my books.

If the conditions are right stick to the speed limit or risk agrovating other road users

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

What Ste said..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9 120bhp

Year : 2004

Mileage : 139,600

when i was going to work on earlies there was a couple of people who rarely got to the speed limit,in most cases they would do 25mph in a 30 and 30mph in a 40,it usualy not only p****d me off but a lot more people as this idiot was causing a traffic jam

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What Roy said..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Elite Nav

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2012

Mileage : 9k

Quote Originally Posted by solorider View Post
    when i was going to work on earlies there was a couple of people who rarely got to the speed limit,in most cases they would do 25mph in a 30 and 30mph in a 40,it usualy not only p****d me off but a lot more people as this idiot was causing a traffic jam
    thats why i leave for work 10 min early just in case i get stuck behind a slower driver

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information