Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Reduced Service

After some thought I've decided it might be time for me to slip away from here, so I'm going to give it a go by cutting back the time I spend here.

It's got nothing to do with the recent admin vs Irmscher thing that's bubbling away right now, I'd like that to be known from the outset.

The thing that has done it tbh is the recent influx of post's that ask a serious topic on life things that once answered the brander's seek to say the person's replying are bad because they have a different outlook, this has been on my mind on various forums for a while now and I feel even giving an answer is a waste of time because if it's not the answer that was sought ppl throw their toys out of the pram.

Also there's been the recent jokes disharmony also, a member of admin had to take a thread down a few days ago because I was being threatened in some replies, while I appreciate that member of admin's cander in the matter I don't appreciate someone at the other end of a keyboard venting unessesary hate towards me, I'm assured that there were other user's who jumped in to defend me in my absence in the thread, but as I didn't see the replies I don't know who said what, but I'd like to thank those that did back me up, but I really have no wish to interact with user's who feel being called another term for the name John anymore, if ppl are that sensitive then they ain't for me and I have no desire to help them with car problems or a little bit of light humour.

As many of you will be aware this place has been an addiction to me since I joined it nearly three years ago, I've made many a friend here and had a lot of good times and banter with a lot of ppl, but some have left due to changing car, other's due to personal reason's and although there's been some quality replacement's that have arrived since I feel the place is changing direction and it's not a direction I wish to follow, through the time I've had to have admin clean up after me both automatically and also with me having to get my cap out and get down to ask for post removals that were written in my notouriously drunk state at the time, never have we had bad words with each other, it's always been mutual if something I write isn't deemed suitable it goes and I don't complain about it and that's always worked for both sides.

I wanna thank the many great ppl that have crossed my path here for some great times and if I do managed to slip away I will miss you all but in light of things I feel it's best for me to take a back seat.

You all be well and take care VV.

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Shame to see you go, I didnt know you well but what i saw i liked.

Good luck in RL and continue to have many years of safe and enjoyable motoring!

Mr n Mrs Diet

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well, it would be a shame for you to distance yourself from this place. posters come in all shapes and forms, and i, for one, enjoy your posts. they make a pleasant change from the vanilla flavoured 'shall i fit black, round tyres or buy several more TC switches to see if one works?' or 'what are on your sandwiches today?' type of posts. as a higher profile poster, you're bound to get some stick now and again, and that's for you as grown up to deal with in a suitable manner.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mark_w View Post
    well, it would be a shame for you to distance yourself from this place. posters come in all shapes and forms, and i, for one, enjoy your posts. they make a pleasant change from the vanilla flavoured 'shall i fit black, round tyres or buy several more TC switches to see if one works?' or 'what are on your sandwiches today?' type of posts. as a higher profile poster, you're bound to get some stick now and again, and that's for you as grown up to deal with in a suitable manner.
    NO MORE TC QUESTIONS!!! ARGHHHHHHHH!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thx, it's not I can't handle stick Mark, it's just across forum's right now there's some right hateful little barstewards and I just don't wish to deal with them anymore, it's effecting me irl, I'm finding myself asking ppl around me if I was wrong to say certain things, and then there's the racism bit, for a long time I've felt it's a white problem, example is if you walked down the street and said something about a black person and there was one black guy and two white guy's who heard it, 9 times out of 10 it'd be the white guy who reported you not the black one, but the current picture makes ppl think it's the blacks moaning all the time, even had it in the car one night, I was talking and hadn't noticed a black guy get in the back, me and the white guy were talking about footy and I described a certain black footballer as something I can't type here, then realised, appollogised to the black guy, and he said to me, so'k mate I hates him as well, no race card or anything like it, and ppl won't mix all the time they are worried about what they say, that's my message to ppl if you wanna get along be natural with each other and don't be so quick to want to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i for one VV will miss you we've had one or two banter sessions no doubt you were drunk, you are something of a ledgend round these parts most new people are told you havernt lived unltill you've had a late night hand bag fight with you, but this is what makes you a good person you will be sadly missed bye 99.9% of people and the site will be a worse place without you. but it does mean ill be bored late night ill be asking wheres VV i want an argument lol
    sorry to see you go mate

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

racism? best taking the bargepole option there, and with politics, both subjects can easily result in strong views and opinions being exchanged. you can talk in private, or in a small group about personal views, but in a public forum like this? think of it as a virtual pub, you could sit in a corner with a few friends and discuss what you like, stand at the bar and shout about it and someone's going to challenge you on it.
    as for the people you mentioned - put 'em on ignore

The local dealers if driving my old Vectra
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

MMMmmmm - dont be a stranger

Terran

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mattolly86 View Post
    i for one VV will miss you we've had one or two banter sessions no doubt you were drunk, you are something of a ledgend round these parts most new people are told you havernt lived unltill you've had a late night hand bag fight with you, but this is what makes you a good person you will be sadly missed bye 99.9% of people and the site will be a worse place without you. but it does mean ill be bored late night ill be asking wheres VV i want an argument lol
    sorry to see you go mate

I don't think it'll be a total writeoff Matt, I'm just gonna observe for a while and reply to only certain subjects, glad to see someone else who can have a handbag without letting it become a wedge, I remember a few years back me and Alex AJA used to have a few heated ones, but we always carried on speaking with each other, I miss him tbh, always felt he had good spunk inside him.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ooops, nearly forgot, I'd also like to say thx to Duncan and Graeme for providing a great site and I hope it continues to grow for you both, and the wee baern is feeling better D,

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information