Hi,

I have just bought an ex-Police 54 plate 2.2 SRI 16v Direct Injection Vectra at a Direct Disposal auction.

All fine and dandy, with Police service history etc. and prepped for sale by Police workshops - new tyres, new front discs and pads and serviced etc. This was a covert car, and has no holes in the roof, or holes cut for strobes etc as the car had front grill strobes and rear matrix sign only. (Lucky really 'cos all the other cars had light bars removed and multiple aerials, so lots of holes in the roof, and fend-off strobes in front and rear bumpers, so holes where they'd been removed.

The car was also listed as 'Police tuned' - does this mean it has been chipped?

The only problem is that there is a BIG hole where the radio/CD should be, as they fit their on-board APNR kit etc in place of. The dash has not been butchered, and wiring in place.

What unit should I look out for as a plug and play solution? I need something quick and easy to fit, as I work away, and there are not enough hours in a day at the moment. I would also like the steering wheel controls to work.

Any advice please,
Noddy