Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exclamation Power Steering Problem Pump/Sensor

Hello to all who read this.
    Recently bought a Vectra C 2004 2 Litre T SXi. But noticed that the dashboard warning light showing the power steering fault. Power steering is not working at all. I've managed to buy a second hand pump and fitted it today, but still no joy!....All fluid levels are correct and i've tested that there is power supplying the motor. Any ideas? I've got thirty days warranty on the pump so i need help before then lol. Taking the car to a garage tomorrow to plug it in to see if it finds where the fault is. Has anyone had the same fault and any ideas on the problem?... Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

To give you my experience with this . When I had a 52 plate Vectra C that to had to have a new steering rack , paid a NON Vauxhall garage to supply and fit it as the car was well over the 60,000 mile warranty .

Anyway , yes to cut a long story short mine to had the problem you mention . Basically to get it working again properly it needs to be re-programmed at Vauxhall main dealers .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So what your saying is that even if i changed the pump. The power steering still won't work untill Vauxhall cancel the fault light?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob SXI View Post
    So what your saying is that even if i changed the pump. The power steering still won't work untill Vauxhall cancel the fault light?
    Indeed thats what happened with mine . Apparently its something to do with the ECU in that it still thinks there is a problem with the rack , until the new rack / pump has been matched to the ecu the problem will allways be there .

Off subject a moment but with regards to the ECU . A friend of mine has a 2006 Mondeo which needed a new alternator , again mileage was high so out of warranty so was taken to an everyday garage . A new one was fitted , then less than a mile down the road the battery light came on . Upon phoning Ford they then told him that the car's ecu needs re programming as it still thinks the old alternator is still be used .

A crazy idea you may think , but totally true as im sat here typing !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Im from portugal and got a 2006 Vectra 1.9 cdti GTS (Sri) auto with 300.000km, the second one after a huge accident i had with a first car, similar to this one but with MT, which had 230.000km.

My vectra is giving me some trouble (again) and i hope i can get some help.

After the usual problems ( 3 alternators, inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, 3rd cylinder wiring, half a dozen banana suspension thing, EGR, DPF, 2 crankshaft pulleys and others i cant remember, which many of them i had in the first car plus the clutch + dual mass flywheel), im thinking about giving away the vectra as i cant be every month paying repair bills

1 year ago i started having power steering intermittent failure. Kept driving for some months till it died completely. Had the car getting a new original pump in a local garage, about 800€ i paid.

Some weeks later, power steering died completely. Car went to the same garage and some wiring repair was done.

1 week later, power steering fail again, they gave up and i sent the car to the opel dealership. Wiring trouble was found, car was repaired and paid about 800€ for the service.

5 or 6 months later, power steering completely failed. Car went to the dealership again, problem was found on the power steering pump again. Was changed, 900€, no warranty on the pump cause was fitted on a different garage (refund to be solved at the local garage) and the car was good again

1 week after, power steering complete failure, car went to dealership, new alternator (refurbished), 650€, car was good again.

3 weeks after (today), starting the car, power steering failure. Car is going to the dealership again.

Used torque android app, no error found. Went through secret menus, battery is on 12.5v on igniton, turning car on drops to ~10v, 13.5v when idle, so all pretty normal i think.

Any ideas?

Thread Information