Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Sri

Engine : 140 Ecoflex S/S

Year : 2013

Default Vec-C and Motability

A colleague at work has a disabled son and as such, the family qualifies for a Motability vehicle.

Unbeknown to me until today, is that he's just chosen his next car - an SRi CDTi150 in Peacock. The ONLY thing he has to do is make a one off advance payment and then Motability run the car for 3 years - tax, insurance, servicing, breakdown (he'll need that ). Basically everything is paid for and he just puts fuel in it.

The cost of this advance payment (remember this is all he pays for 3 years) is..........

£245

What else could he have got for the same low payment? Just a few examples are the Kia Ceed GS, Corsa 1.3CDTi, Citroen C2, Pug 207, Fiesta, Clio. Oh, and new bottom of the range Insignia would have been £2000 .

I'm really chuffed for him - a great car, for free (almost).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra gsi

Trim : Full heated leather

Engine : 3200

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by gtr1000 View Post
    A colleague at work has a disabled son and as such, the family qualifies for a Motability vehicle.
    i hate the thought of someone getting a car for nothing....no matter if they are disabled or not. (unless severe)

is it me???
    does anyone feel the same???
    am i being horrid???
    should i be shot for saying what i think???

i dont intend to upset anyone with this reply but its the way i feel...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

personnaly i dont mind people who are really disabled using this system good luck to them they've obviously got bigger problems than me, but what i cant stand is these people who use the system and put it on the other day i seen someone pull up to a disabled spot chuck their badge on the dash and run and i mean RUN to the shop, then i saw him hobling back nuthing wrong with him 5 mins before. people who take advantage of this country should be shot on site there parasites

on the other side people who claim disability get an allowence and they have to give this monthly allowence up or partially to get these cars so its not free they do not get the money they would normally have got

my rant was so long i left it too late lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mattolly86 View Post
    personnaly i dont mind people who are really disabled using this system good luck to them they've obviously got bigger problems than me, but what i cant stand is these people who use the system and put it on the other day i seen someone pull up to a disabled spot chuck their badge on the dash and run and i mean RUN to the shop, then i saw him hobling back nuthing wrong with him 5 mins before. people who take advantage of this country should be shot on site there parasites

on the other side people who claim disability get an allowence and they have to give this monthly allowence up or partially to get these cars so its not free they do not get the money they would normally have got

my rant was so long i left it too late lol

it might be that they arnt disabled...but the person they look after are... yeah, fair enough if the person isnt in the car with them, then they shouldnt use the blue badge!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Dwabo View Post
    it might be that they arnt disabled...but the person they look after are... yeah, fair enough if the person isnt in the car with them, then they shouldnt use the blue badge!
    dont get me started on that subject aswell lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Dwabo View Post
    i wont name names however an elderly relative was coersed in to getting a brand new zafira which she doesnt even see her granddaughter uses it to move her dirty family about nothing to do with the grandmother at all this needs to be stopped in my opinion its wrong and disgusting that we as a country keep taking this ****

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mattolly86 View Post
    i wont name names however an elderly relative was coersed in to getting a brand new zafira which she doesnt even see her granddaughter uses it to move her dirty family about nothing to do with the grandmother at all this needs to be stopped in my opinion its wrong and disgusting that we as a country keep taking this ****
    A very common occurance. Officially, the vehicle can only be used for the claiments benefit. It can be used for collecting groceries or doing the shopping for the claiment without the claiment being in the vehicle, but ALL uses of the vehicle should always be to benefit the claiment. IOW the driver officially is not supposed to use it for their own benefit like travelling to/from work, unless it involves the disabled person.

Blue Badges are strictly not to be used if the disabled person is not with the vehicle. This can result in a fine of up to £1000. This issue has been abused for a long time and last year the government started to clamp down on it quite hard, issuing instructions to traffic wardens to make more checks on cars displaying a badge, they are also introducing a points penalty on their licence too in a effort to reduce blue badge crime.
    With blue badges fetching anything up to £500 each, they are a target for car thieves.

People in receipt of the higher rate mobility do not pay any road tax for their vehicle regardless what it is. Their road tax is NIL even if its their own car. A plus affect of this, is that vehicles that have the disabled tax (NIL) are also except from any congestion charges and other tolls.

What annoys me about our disability payment schemes in the UK is the fact that one does not need to have payed anything into the system in order to claim. There are even web sites which help people in filling in the forms so they will get the maximum rates, and these can be anything upto £440 every 4 weeks and if awarded for life which sometimes it is, it lasts until that person is eighty years old. Oh... one other thing, DLA payments are totally dis-regarded or not taken into account when the pension service works out other benefits, so you can see why its so popular.
    In many cases the only criteria required is the ability to be a good actor. (Genuine disabled excepted of course)
    Last edited by oldgit21; 5th February 2009 at 20:13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Mileage : 3023

Quote Originally Posted by big rich View Post
    i hate the thought of someone getting a car for nothing....no matter if they are disabled or not. (unless severe)

is it me???
    does anyone feel the same???
    am i being horrid???
    should i be shot for saying what i think???

i dont intend to upset anyone with this reply but its the way i feel...
    Having spent the past 18months+ on crutches due to a complete rupture of the right Quadriceps muscle I strongly disagree with you Rich! and i think its quite appalling that people can feel that way about someone who has a disability!

Put yourself in their position and imagine having to live their life for a day or even a week!!

Treat people as you find them, do not judge people because they are disabled.

In life You never know whats around the corner and something could change your life as it has mine in an instant at any time!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
    Having spent the past 18months+ on crutches due to a complete rupture of the right Quadriceps muscle I strongly disagree with you Rich! and i think its quite appalling that people can feel that way about someone who has a disability!

Put yourself in their position and imagine having to live their life for a day or even a week!!

Treat people as you find them, do not judge people because they are disabled.

In life You never know whats around the corner and something could change your life as it has mine in an instant at any time!!

well i cant help the way i feel m8 sorry but like i said in another post above i dont mind the real people that need it but its the scammers that play on it ans basicaly take the pi55 , like i said above i dont want to upset ant one its just what i think, im probly wrong but its just me m8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Mileage : 3023

Quote Originally Posted by big rich View Post
    well i cant help the way i feel m8 sorry but like i said in another post above i dont mind the real people that need it but its the scammers that play on it ans basicaly take the pi55 , like i said above i dont want to upset ant one its just what i think, im probly wrong but its just me m8

Fair enough you cannot help your feelings, but to instantly judge somebody as a scammer because they have a disability and get a mobility car that they pay for is just wrong..

I'm outta here now before i get a ban

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information