Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2.0l CDTi Bi-Turbo Insginia Sports Tourer

Trim : Vx Line Nav Sri

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2014

Default Had a 40k service today

Well i took the Vec for it's 40k service today at the main stealers (£240) at 08:30 this morning and they said it would be ready at 12:00 - Good i thought and then drove off in thier courtesy car (Corsa 1.2 sooooo slow even to 30mph).
    Anyway, when they eventually rang me at 16:15 this afternoon i went to pick it up.

The receptionist said 'oh you had it serviced too' I said ???? thats all it was brought in for.

There has been no problem with the car at all, so i was questioning.

Apparantly, after they had serviced it (Strange that isn't it?), the EML was on. So they replaced the EGR valve and the alternator, as apparantly the voltage was low on the car and the valve had a fault code (all under warrantee of course)

But it did seem a little more pokey after i got it back (and feel alot bigger to the Corsa) Although i think the pokiness may be because of driving the Corsa all day instead - there does seem to be a noticable difference.

So all in all i think it was a good service I just hope they have put stuff back correctly! Already had to put all the pipes and cables in the engine bay back into their clips (as they hadn't) and clean all the oil off the engine cover, that they had spilled! etc etc.

I think that where i am going with this thread is that the 'cough' mechanics have no pride in their work anymore and rush to get it done. Anyway, i'll be paraniod for the next week that something is going to fall off or fail

Oh.... And they washed the car!!!! Against my instructions
    Last edited by ghostrider; 4th February 2009 at 21:01.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

I had some warranty work done (clutch replacement) when i first had my car. They didn't secure a cable bracket to the egnine / gearbox interface and left dirt (filth really) on the inside. No wash, no apology just 'why are you shouting at me' - which got the 'I'm not, if I was then the guy walking up the street would've heard me aswell'

It's the little details that make a good job and service into a bad job and service IMO.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Well i took the Vec for it's 40k service today at the main stealers (£240) at 08:30 this morning and they said it would be ready at 12:00 - Good i thought and then drove off in thier courtesy car (Corsa 1.2 sooooo slow even to 30mph).
    Anyway, when they eventually rang me at 16:15 this afternoon i went to pick it up.

The receptionist said 'oh you had it serviced too' I said ???? thats all it was brought in for.

There has been no problem with the car at all, so i was questioning.

Apparantly, after they had serviced it (Strange that isn't it?), the EML was on. So they replaced the EGR valve and the alternator, as apparantly the voltage was low on the car and the valve had a fault code (all under warrantee of course)

But it did seem a little more pokey after i got it back (and feel alot bigger to the Corsa) Although i think the pokiness may be because of driving the Corsa all day instead - there does seem to be a noticable difference.

So all in all i think it was a good service I just hope they have put stuff back correctly! Already had to put all the pipes and cables in the engine bay back into their clips (as they hadn't) and clean all the oil off the engine cover, that they had spilled! etc etc.

I think that where i am going with this thread is that the 'cough' mechanics have no pride in their work anymore and rush to get it done. Anyway, i'll be paraniod for the next week that something is going to fall off or fail

Oh.... And they washed the car!!!! Against my instructions
    hah, when I took mine into the stealers for a service, they always "claim" to wash the cars, luckily for me it was raining so they probably didnt bother.......

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Oh yeah, it was fine when it went in and then suddenly had two faults...
    How often do we hear that!

Thread Information