Thread: Songs For The Memory

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Songs For The Memory

This will suit the older member best, but you kids feel free to post anyway.

Topic?

Those songs that occour when something substantial happens in your life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFmkM6YXOqo

It's 1978 and I'm a 14 yr old, I go on holiday with my mates family and the summer is good, this and the whole soundtrack is fixed in my mind along with some ABBA cos it was his group and I had to listen to it all the time, for me it was ELO, a year before discovering AC/DC,Iron Maiden,Saxon and Priest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaZtG-j6njc

And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJP8gWLc4IE

These two are related to me to the death of a friends girlfriend, she had got on a moped and was playing chicken with another moped, the collision caused her death, I think the line in the Jam song ... if I ever see you again is what makes it stick, and the Lotus Eaters song is one of those autumn after summer sort of songs, an absolute classic, and that's backed up by my 9 yr old who listens to it every night, but it was a sad loss of a girl who had it all to live for who died just being 15, and no I didn't have any romance designs on her, I just thought it was tragic and these songs remind me of her 26 yrs later.

Moving on, we have the romance section, the yr is 1986 and I'm with a chick who works behind the bar of my watering hole, these two I link to that time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcWspfgk9c8

And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1a_ikfUico

These two came about as we had had a big ding dong before going clubbing, this was the see you later folks song that night, she had this Dynasty dress that wrapped around on, and although it was dark blue it still had the desired, Top Gun was the hot film of the year, I couldn't wait to see it and broke protocol and went alone to see it as she didn't get the Highlander earlier at all and it annoyed me tbh, anyway we split around October, just before my birthday conveniently for her and we never saw the film together, a bloke at work snaked in and offered her more than I could in way of a house and the option not to work anymore and that was that, but there were good times and I know she sold out and regretted it as when I saw her at the lights she wanted to say hi but Mr Pride drove on by.

It's now 1988, I'm now with a girl whose a manager in a chain hotel, I'm not Mr super confident back then and it's a brief 6 weeker that results in a split, she'd been with someone for a long time who was refined as she was, me I was the friendly cabby which is what I think drew her in, she asked me for a date, but I think in the end the class difference showed, anyway this was the song of that era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGZ0tEdhob4

These are four time periods I can fix songs to, think back and see what you can come up with.
    Last edited by VauxVeteran; 4th February 2009 at 02:24.

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Interesting one mate & needs some thought as you seem to have done on this one & at o1.14 it must have been a good party. Catch you boys later..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My god, that's a change for a Weds am, gone from rant to deep in one easy lesson.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra VXR, VW Tiguan R-line Tech, Vivaro.

Trim : Nav

Engine : Various

Year : 1 A.D

Mileage : Rising

Well your Maj,
    Lotus Eaters was the song that stuck in my mind when i started my first 'proper' job in 1983 and is saved as a favorite of mine on youtube, Queen - Radio Ga Ga & Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax aswell.

Fleetwood Mac's - Tango in the Night album was the first ever CD i bought (1987) and the year i passed my driving test.

From then on, lives been a blur !

Have consideration for the deaf, if you're gunna fart, make it smell !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Wow that was a major post there VV! Looks like you did get all deep and meaningful!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

1991 saw bryan adams at milton keynes bowl the day before THAT song went to number 1 during the summer and then saw him again in glasgow in october the week after it went off of number 1 weird

Thread Information