Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Right Annoyed

I have never missed a payment on my Credit Card. So I get home from work today and there is a late payment letter from one of my two cards

Looked on-line as that's how I pay them and see that I had payed one of them twice instead... I'd done it on New Years Day, so put it down to having been a bit the worse for wear still. Feel like a right knob now...

So I rang the company to see how this can be rectified, I paid the amount due. I ask them if this will have any adverse affects on me. They tell me that due to the law they have to tell the credit reference people.

Not HP. Has anyone else done this, were the any adverse affects?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by chrisf70 View Post
    I have never missed a payment on my Credit Card. So I get home from work today and there is a late payment letter from one of my two cards

Looked on-line as that's how I pay them and see that I had payed one of them twice instead... I'd done it on New Years Day, so put it down to having been a bit the worse for wear still. Feel like a right knob now...

So I rang the company to see how this can be rectified, I paid the amount due. I ask them if this will have any adverse affects on me. They tell me that due to the law they have to tell the credit reference people.

Not HP. Has anyone else done this, were the any adverse affects?
    Yep. In December last year. The statements never arrived so for the first time in 20 years or so we were late paying and incurred a late payment and interest charge.

First company refused to refund the money so I told them to stick their card at which point they changed their mind and refunded the money. Second company refunded it straight away.

I think what they may be refering to is that if a company does a CC on you for finance they can get access to what you owe at that time. It's not a long term thing.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by chrisf70 View Post
    They tell me that due to the law they have to tell the credit reference people.
    Eh? Complete twaddle - not for missing/being late on one payment!! The law doesn't state that, that's them being somewhat unreasonable! I've done exactly the same in the past as what you've done - simply rang them up and explained what I'd done and they could see so I simply made the payment over the phone and they refunded the late fee.

AFAIK it's only if you miss a couple, or more, in a row that they'll notify the credit reference agencies. I'd get onto them and give them as that's pretty poor treatment for just one late payment that you paid as soon as you saw what had happened.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This is utter tosh, who is the credit card company? they are able to amend the details the provide the credit referece agencies. 1 missed/late payment will be highly unlikely to affect your credit rating as most prospective creditors credit score you based on the info you have given and the info provided by either experian or equifax. I would go back to them and politley present your case again, escalte it further and further until you get somebody who can meet your request

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Some good points there, I think I'll be back on the phone tonight and send them a copy of the payment screen from my on-line account to show that both payments were made to my other card on the same day. Might be able to get them reverse their decision.

Cheers.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

I missed a payment about 18 months ago, due to unforeseen circumstances (can't remember the reason now - maybe forgetfulness)

Anyway, I phoned them up and they refunded the fee immediately, and I have not had any trouble since getting 2 different credit cards - one for work (as this job doesn't provide corporate credit cards like the last job did) and one to replace my Co-op card when they started to charge a monthly fee, so I told them to forget my account ever existed.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I got a txt last week saying my payment was 3 days late, so i called them up and asked for the statement number , it was from december and one i hadent received

So i payed them there and then and set up a DD for future minimum payments (just in case)

Woman told me to check my balance and any late fees will be re-imbursed this time as i didnt get my statement

I am a member on credit expert (experian) and monitor my report on a monthly basis.... the payment field is marked as green, which means there happy

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black