Changed all the dampers and springs on my other halfs Tigra with a lowered set yesterday.
Hit a problem taking apart the front stuts and did not have the special tool to do it. Well my nearest car place was Halfrauds and I needed to get the job done.
They did not have the tool to do the job but they did have a socket set which has hollow sockets:
Halfords Professional 19 Piece Vortex Socket Set:
- Made from professional quality Chrome Vanadium Steel
- Vortex Hollow Socket design removes the depth restrictions of normal sockets Contents:
- 14 Metric Vortex Sockets - 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 27, 30, 32, 34mm
- Ratchet Handle
- Vortex Hollow Extension 3" and 6"
- 3/8 Drive Ratchet adapter
- 1/2" Drive ratchet adapter
I paid £19.99 for the set but they are on the web for £59.99 which is a bit strange.
Well to say the wrench and socket are the easiest to use would be an understatement. I used far less force to get nuts off and they allowed me to put another wrench and socket inside the hollow socket to hold the strut will I undone the main bolt.
I have to say its the best bit of kit I have ever brought and a fantastic price. Only down side is the sockets cannot be used with my Torque wrench so I have to use standard sockets.