Thread: bad day turned good

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default bad day turned good

Just thought i'd post a quick note about my day with the car.

Started off with taking it to Vauxhall dealer as there was a knocking noise coming from the front side, had no ideas possibly bushes? it was very intermittent so best to get checked out.
    Took it in for 9am techinicians looked over for an hour still no further diagnosing problem, i then took them out for a drive to make sure they heard the right noise.
    They re-checked everything no play in suspension or bushes so bit stumped on what it was, advised to keep driving it keep an eye on it and see if it gets any worse.
    Ok I thought they've done all they can, now for the bill.........£free. Very surprised as previous dealers i've used when i had my Golf charged my £70+ just for looking at car before doing anything.

Then onto halfords to get the ioPlay fitted properly (iphone/ipod adapter for stereo), dropped car off told to come back in 1hour to pick up. Hour passes get back to car, stereo no where to be seen, for some unknown reason when fitting something it had gone in the stereo rendering it useless........Great i've got a 3hour drive tomorrow with no stereo and the adapter isn't fitted.

Told by manager because of inconvience and stereo being broken, I can choose any aftermarket stereo to replace it. Not ideal as i prefer the factory look but such is life.
    Decided on the new blaupunkt m68, trim is very similiar to trim of Vec so still slightly in keeping with interior, plus comes with built in bluetooth and ipod connection, fingers crossed it should be done by 6 tonight all being well. Full refund on the ioplay £170 and a new stereo with all the functions I want.

So all in all day started thinking it would be expensive, and it hasn't been and i'm £170 better off with a new stereo.

Sure i've bored you all enough now

So big thanks to Cresser Vauxhall in Redditch, and Andy at halfords.

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Now that is a result & would recommend a letter to say thanks, we need more of this good news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0cdti 160bhp

Year : 2010

Mileage : 92274

and the biggest mistake you made,you trusted halfords to work on your car,i would not let one of them anywhere near my car,i have seen too many things go wrong when they touch a car,like one car an astra where they fitted a handsfree kit,because they cut the plugs the only way to remove the radio was to disassemble the dash!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

nice one.think we all could do with a day like that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_ View Post
    Told by manager because of inconvience and stereo being broken, I can choose any aftermarket stereo to replace it. Not ideal as i prefer the factory look but such is life.
    Another mistake you made was to not pick a £700 double din unit with satnav!

You should've said that a replacement factory stereo from Vauxhall (plus fitting) would be about that and you want a price like for like replacement!

But still, at least you got something and they didn't say "It was like that when you brought the car???"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by nickabbott2008 View Post
    Another mistake you made was to not pick a £700 double din unit with satnav!

You should've said that a replacement factory stereo from Vauxhall (plus fitting) would be about that and you want a price like for like replacement!

But still, at least you got something and they didn't say "It was like that when you brought the car???"

I did try for a double din but it would have cost me which i wasn't willing to pay plus I had was going on holiday the next day so at 6pm the day before, i had liitle option but do go with the best they had. Not sure i could cope with a 500 mile round trip with no stereo!!
    Happy with it after a week just need them to fix the aux and steering wheel control............fingers crossed they don't break the steering wheel or the entire car, on what should be a straight forward job really!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Elite Nav Grand Sport

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2017

result mate not often you hear good stories like that

Thread Information