Thread: Signum Owners

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Signum Owners

Guys, as per my other threads/posts, i'm looking at a Signum, but can't decide on what engine. I'm sure its the 1.9 CDTI 150, but with the problems it suffers from, i'm looking at all the options. Whichever option we buy we want to keep long term, so has to be reliable.

So, Past & Present

What engine and Spec did/do you have?

What MPG did/do you get? - What sort of driving do you do?

Any problems? - Would you have another? - what engine would you have?

Any other comments on acceleration from the 2.2 to thoughts on petrol v diesel in terms of price over mpg welcome. Our mileage means we'd prefer the diesel, but buying a cheaper 2.0T against the extra cost of petrol means it could be a good buy as well.

Many thanks

Gaz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ok my last 3 cars
    1. Signum 2.8 v6 Design
    2. Signum 2.0T Design
    3 Vectra 1.9cdti 150

1 Very heavy on fuel 18-20 around town so thats why i got rid, awesome car on the motorway though.

2 Mid to high 20's around town, quickish and tuneable, liked it a lot and if family circumstances hadn't changed would still have it.

3 First diesel i've owned, Comp's showing 49.8mpg, thats combined as my mrs was using it for work. Very suprised how well it go's although i do have a tuning box fitted which does help somewhat.

If i was making my decision now, heart would say the 2.8 but head would be unable to shoose between the other 2, imo the 2.0t is more refined but fuel economy on the 1.9 may just sway it. Suppose it all came down to finding the right car, with the right extra's and colour you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

How many miles do you do ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Wilco View Post
    ok my last 3 cars
    1. Signum 2.8 v6 Design
    2. Signum 2.0T Design
    3 Vectra 1.9cdti 150

1 Very heavy on fuel 18-20 around town so thats why i got rid, awesome car on the motorway though.

2 Mid to high 20's around town, quickish and tuneable, liked it a lot and if family circumstances hadn't changed would still have it.

3 First diesel i've owned, Comp's showing 49.8mpg, thats combined as my mrs was using it for work. Very suprised how well it go's although i do have a tuning box fitted which does help somewhat.

If i was making my decision now, heart would say the 2.8 but head would be unable to shoose between the other 2, imo the 2.0t is more refined but fuel economy on the 1.9 may just sway it. Suppose it all came down to finding the right car, with the right extra's and colour you want.
    The tuning box throws the comp out right?

3.0cdti, low to mid 30's round town and 40+ on a run

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My 1st car
    Signum 2.0T Design - 2004 Model
    16'000 miles a year (Gulp)
    Average of 34mpg combined at present - can get around 42mpg on Motorway at 70 over a 60 mile run.
    I have the z20net engine, I have had no problems. I may need a new cat and v-pully tensioner shortly. Had car from 40k now at 56k.
    Love the car and she's a dream to drive. Very few complaints at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Gaz,

This is my first VX, and I went for the Design spec Signum with the 2.2 Direct engine.

Why go for the Design?; I went for the Design as I like the standard combination of the sporty looks, the sports suspension, and the half leather sports seats. I'm not big into modding, and new this gave me everything I wanted and I wouldn't be always thinking 'I wish my car had x,y and z'.

Why go for the 2.2 Direct?; I've driven mainly diesels for the past five years and I was getting bored of them. The initial wow factor was wearing off, and wanted to get back to a petrol engine without the turbo lag from a diesel. This combined with the falling cost of fuel, the type of journeys that I make in an average week and the fact that a petrol 2.2 Direct Signum is about £1.5K less than a diesel version as well as having less miles on the clock, meant that it had to be petrol this time for me. I read up on the 2.2 engine, it's been around for a long time and the majority of problems seem to come with the older non-direct models. So I took the plunge and have been very happy with it. Also, completely for vanity reasons, I love the twin exhaust pipes you get on the 2.2. I know there are other petrols that come with them, but they were either hard to find or would be too expensive to run!

What MPG do I get?; I mainly do a short commute daily of about 5 miles return journey on urban roads with traffic. At weekends we go on longer mainly motorway journeys of about 200 miles return journey. The weekly MPG is not too good and is averaging around the 26.9-27.9 mpg. If you combine motorway journeys into the weekly/monthly average the computer starts to show around the 35.9mpg.

2.2 vs Diesel 150; My other post recently explained that I had the privilage of driving a newer 150 diesel SRI for a week, then hopped onto a plane and jumped back into my 2.2 at the airport carpark. I was so glad to get into the 2.2 again. A smoother power delivery, and you know that the power and torque is there whenever you put your foot down. Less gear changes are required. I'm not anti-diesel either as I've been driving them for a long while, and if my mileage requirements changed I would get another but I wouldn't enjoy driving it as much if it was the 150CDTi compared to my 2.2 Direct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Astra j sports tourer

Trim : elite

Engine : 1.6 cdti

Year : 2015

i haven`t had any problems with the 1.9cdti 150 thats in me signum IS3
    so i must have 1 of the mid week built ones rather a friday thrown
    together one.

maybee you ought to buy my IS3 its so perfect just for you,you cant ask
    for anymore spec as wot its got.

you`ll be very happy with it if you can stretch to the price

just for you at £10k

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I second what Andy I says - got a 150CDTI with 50k on the clock now, other than a noisy starter, which is getting sorted under warranty, its been faultless.
    On a recent trip to Devon (300miles) it averaged just over 50mpg at 70 mph.
    Cant ask for more than tha. Plus its got more toys than the Veccy too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Many thanks guys!

Wilko - Good advice and i agree the spec and colour will definatley play a big part in the decision.

Vauxveteran- Mileage is approx 15k per year - Was roughly 13/14,but with it being our only car its gone up quite a bit with the wife using it as well. (Last 4 cars have all been Turbo diesels).

n_hudson - Like the sound of the 2.0T and i think if we did more motorway driving it would definately be more of a consideration.

ChrisF70 - Excellent post, cheers. Think we'll definately have to drive the 2.2 and go from there. Its the only way we'll know if its got what we want.

andy.l - thanks for the offer, awesome car mate, but way out of budget

Signum 1.9 - Out of curiosity, What are they doing to sort the noise on starting? Definately think this is our best option as its what we're used to and has suited us previously. Will take one for a spin this week and go from there.

At the moment, finding Signum's locally is proving difficult, so i'm off to look at the local papers/mags for others.
    Last edited by Allblackdup; 26th January 2009 at 14:30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The 1.9 CDTi 150 engine is fantastic, when you look at how many were built compared to the small amount that go wrong, it does have a very good reputation.

Yes you get a few on here who have problems, but half the time 'some' members just join up so they can slate the car.

I am on my 4th 1.9 CDTi 150 and never had so much as an EGR or swirlvalve fault.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information