I was sent this info to claim some Tax Credits , Seems a Lot of People missed out on it the deadline for claiming is 31st of January

Hello Evryone,

I don't know if anyone on here is aware of this but there is a tax-credit available to anyone that had a child aged under 16 at the start of the 2002/3 tax year.

The Government didn't publicise this at the time (it was the year before the Child Tax Allowance came in) and the deadline for claiming is 31st Jan 2009.

This is legit as my daughter passed me the details and I checked with my tax office today and I'm eligible to back-claim.

Anyway, here are the details.

See this site for more info (I can't find it on the HMRC site)

This link IS from HMRC:

If you click on the link in the above webpage, it takes you to a PDF of the relevant form (called a 11CTC). However, the name and National Insurance boxes are missing from the top of the first page. The tax office say that you can simply write the missing information in or, as I did, request an 11CTC form from your tax office.

The relevant details you need to check to see if you may be eligible are:

The year before Tax Credits were introduced there was a different non-means tested allowance available which was never advertised by the Inland Revenue.

It is called the Children’s Tax Allowance for the Year 2002/3.

You can still claim this tax allowance provided you make the claim before the 31 January 2009 deadline.

You are eligible to claim £520.00 allowance if:

*You have a child born between 6 April 1986 and 5 April 2003
*The child lived with you for all or part of 2002/2003
*You worked and paid tax for all or part of 2002/2003
*You or your partner earned £6,000 plus in the year 2002/2003 tax year

You are eligible for the £1,040 allowance if;

*If you can answer yes to the four questions above, and
*One of your children was born between 6 April 2002 and 5 April 2003


*Making a claim does not affect your current or future entitlement to Working or Child Tax credits.
*Your Marital status is irrelevant
*You cannot claim the allowance twice and if your final tax code on your April 2003 P60 ended in an H or a T, you have already had the allowance.

Give your local tax office a ring and see if you can claim a late Christmas present from Her Majesty's Government!