User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Headlight Holder Screw Not Held In - Missing Bit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Headlight Holder Screw Not Held In - Missing Bit?

Hi all,

Still trying to get my sidelights fitted but the space on the drivers side is really tight!

Anyway, while I was trying to have another go I noticed the light holder has a bit of movement in it which isn't right... and noticed a screw that should be holding it in is loose!

So, does this mean I've broken my headlight holder because the bit has snapped off or is there some kind of plastic / metal nut that I'm missing that should be holding it in? I've attached piccies below so you can see what I mean! It's a facelift light design.

I can probably fix it with a standard nut and bolt etc but want to do it right with proper parts!

Cheers.
    Last edited by nickabbott2008; 18th January 2009 at 14:43. Reason: Pictures didn't show?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

not sure about the nut thing but take the airbox out to fit the bulbs, so much easier mate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie69 View Post
    not sure about the nut thing but take the airbox out to fit the bulbs, so much easier mate!
    Think I might just have to do that! I'm going to get some angled long nose pliers first (or some short normal ones) and see if I can get in that way because I don't want to break anything! Read some people saying the airbox goes back much more difficultly than it came out..

Just done the Lawson / Duncan light technique which was much, much easier than trying to get to the sidelights!

Hopefully will notice a difference tomorrow driving home down the pitch black B roads (can't drive tonight as mrs is out and I'm looking after the little one).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just had the airbox off tonight on my facelift to do the HID's kit - went back no problems.

Gives just a bit more room - I've got fat hands and managed with care to change all the bulbs on each side without taking the bumper or headlights out.

Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just an update to say I've finally got the sidelights in!

I managed to use some long nose pliars on the rpassenger side bulb and whipped it out, quite easy!

The drivers side didn't have enough room to manouver the pliars and I was gutted! So, in some kind of weird way I managed to grip the wires holding it in and while putting pressure on them I pressed one clip in so it came loose and then the other clip. Eventually after doing this a few times the bulb came loose and I managed to swap it over!

Loads of cuts / scraches but didn't need to remove anything to do it (got fairly skinny hands!) so am pleased with the change.

Still, the screw that's loose is annoying me and I was going to take a trip to the dealers to get a new one but don't want to be fleaced! Anyone know a price or anything?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vec c

Trim : sri

Engine : 150 cdti

Year : 55

Mileage : 108000

you should've taken the airbox off m8 5 min job to remove and fit sidelight bulb then replace

Thread Information